My first JK build...

FFIrish

I was having a pretty slow day at work today, so my wife brought the jeep by so we could install the flares. Now for the price these Smittybilt flares actually aren't that bad. I like the new look it gave the jeep.

Couple of before pics, right before we ripped the old flares off.
IMG_0354.JPG
IMG_1133.JPG

Got one removed, didn't take any pics of the install, I was in work mode and forgot.
IMG_1109.JPG

Heres what she looks like after the flares. I really enjoy how they look. The bumper on the other hand, something needs to done about that......
IMG_1116.JPG
IMG_1120.JPG
IMG_1113.JPG
IMG_1126.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

FFIrish

Well the builds on hold until the parts decide to ship, but made a trip up to Fort Stanton to check out the old base. Took a few pics of the jeep and found a small trail to check out.
IMG_0530.JPG
IMG_1234.JPG

FFIrish

Well after a long wait I finally received my ACE inner fenders. I must say I was very disappointed. They didn't fit very well. I had to do some more bending to get them to go where they needed. The hole for the light didn't line up. I had to drill it slightly bigger than what it calls for. I ordered their inserts as well, and well..... they didn't fit either. Had to do some more bending to get em to go on and even then they didn't fit right. But I got em on. Took almost 2 hours. The only thing I didn't have trouble with was wiring the lights. They do look good, but wasn't worth the wait to me.
IMG_1242.JPG
IMG_1243.JPG
IMG_1244.JPG
IMG_1246.JPG
IMG_1249.JPG
IMG_1250.JPG

FFIrish

The next upgrade on the list is a tire carrier. I'm thinking of the body mounted carrier from poison spyder. Anyone have any recommendations? I looked at the DV8 but i want a carrier that has mounts for rotopax. Also gonna be getting bumpers soon.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Looks good! Idk if you got the older or newer model xrc flares. But if they're the ones with taps. Add a couple more on the bottom on each side.

Top Bottom