My first JK build...

FFIrish

Got the poison spyder license plate light with brake light installed along with a backup camera. Wish I could've hid the wiring a little better but I can live with it for now. Also have a poison spyder bumper on the way... pics of the install soon
IMG_1199.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Xerious

Looks good! I'll be doing the skid plate eventually.

Yeah make sure you remove the bumper First. There’s no way to install it while it’s on unless you want to use less screws to attach the skid.

The problem I ran into was installing everything with the skid plate. I couldn’t reach all 8 bolts for the bumper. I have only 3 on each side tightened down. To get to the third I had to go through the small whole in the skid plate. I had my 11 year old son put the socket on the screw.

You also have to cut the corners of your crash bar to get it all to fit.

IMG_6575.JPG

FFIrish

Yeah make sure you remove the bumper First. There’s no way to install it while it’s on unless you want to use less screws to attach the skid.

The problem I ran into was installing everything with the skid plate. I couldn’t reach all 8 bolts for the bumper. I have only 3 on each side tightened down. To get to the third I had to go through the small whole in the skid plate. I had my 11 year old son put the socket on the screw.

You also have to cut the corners of your crash bar to get it all to fit.

View attachment 279865

Awesome. I appreciate the tips!

FFIrish

Was able to get some wheelin time in. Went up the capitan gap in capitan NM. Nice easy trail to the top with some very good views. Unfortunately my hot oil alarm started going off so I had to take a break and let it cool down. Got it up on the lift today for a transmission service.
Last time I was on this trail in our 03 Rubicon it decided to just shut off on us. Had to back down the mountain. Then towed it home. Ended up being the crank position sensor.
IMG_1663.JPG
IMG_1665.JPG
IMG_1668.JPG
IMG_1671.JPG
IMG_1674.JPG
IMG_1681.JPG
IMG_1682.JPG

FFIrish

Finally got rid of the annoying hood flutter while going down the highway. My wife bought me some drake hood latches.
IMG_1704.JPG
I was also able to get my ARB compressor mounted using the metalcloak mount. Next is to figure out where I'm gonna put the air tank.
IMG_1737.JPG
IMG_1740.JPG

Top Bottom