My Jeep is trying to kill me...

aldaman

On a positive note, a friend of mine that has a friend that works at a Jeep dealer has secured me a brand new set of lower control arm take offs from a 2017 JK that was just lifted by the dealership, so the arms have less than 20 miles on them. I'll be picking them up Saturday and hopefully installing them shortly afterwards... so hopefully I'll be able to sort out if the broke arm is the cause of my Traction Control issues or not..

You have a 2dr with a 4" lift (based on what I saw on your profile). With that much lift your geometry will still be off especially when you install those stock control arms, because of that your traction control may still set off...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lance628

Like I asked Frogmech: Please leave me out of your sexual fantasies! :icon_crazy:

I'm not sure why you resurrected the previous subject and inserted your perverted ideals into this thread, but if you swing that way than who am I judge in this day and age of tolerance and acceptance etc... I hope nobody beats you up for using the womens room to go pee or for wearing a skirt and dressing like a girl. ;)

IMG_1476356436.081330.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I wheel the crap out of my Jeeps. I'm known to break things that are supposed to be unbreakable. A very well known parts builder once sent me an extra lower control arm when I ordered a set of arms with a personal note saying, "Here's an extra lower control arm because we know you're gonna end up breaking one and need a replacement." I thought that was pretty cool.

BRTky.jpg .....

Necro

Draconianwinter

I do have to ask though with a control arm looking like that, why didn't you notice it when you were checking everything out until much later? And maybe it's just me but I would think you should have spotted that right away. I could see a cracked one being missed, but that is broken completely in two.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I do have to ask though with a control arm looking like that, why didn't you notice it when you were checking everything out until much later? And maybe it's just me but I would think you should have spotted that right away. I could see a cracked one being missed, but that is broken completely in two.

Are they all pictures of the same arm? Because some of them the arms look intact and it could've been overlooked... unless you actually grabbed it and pushed.

Maybe those are the other side though...

Draconianwinter

Are they all pictures of the same arm? Because some of them the arms look intact and it could've been overlooked... unless you actually grabbed it and pushed.

I can see that as well, but looking at the pictures the one busted in two is rusted on the entire surface so it would have to been superseded to some degree out there would have at least spots on it that were not rusted due to the two pieces rubbing together.

Necro

It's easy to see now because I pushed the two pieces upwards so I could get a good picture of it. Before I moved them it looked like it was all in one piece except for a small easy not to notice gap.

I took a pic of the non broken arm as a reference for comparison etc.

bouche03

Hold up, at what point did anyone say you should continue driving the Jeep as is? By driving it in its current state, your Jeep isn't try to kill you, YOU, sir, are risking your life and the lives of others by continuing to drive the vehicle. In fact, the vehicle should still be in the hands of a shop, trying to get the issue resolved.

I've driven rigs with PSC assist and I don't see how this can be the result of the PSC. You took your Jeep to 4WP where THEY started the problem by not following proper installation of the ram. At this point, I would follow gecko's advice and check the steering with the procal. If that checks out, check the sensors and wires as I suggested. If all else fails, I'd consider getting a lawyer. 4WP effed up your rig from the sound of it and they should either fix it, or cover the cost of having a better shop do so.

I think thats a little dramatic...it's not like the vehicle is a threat to people on the road if he turns the ESC off...may have to be a little more careful though. SUVs seemed to be ok before ESC was mandated-granted not as safe as they are now, but you didn't see them crashing at every turn, like you imply...

thardy

Banned
I think thats a little dramatic...it's not like the vehicle is a threat to people on the road if he turns the ESC off...may have to be a little more careful though. SUVs seemed to be ok before ESC was mandated-granted not as safe as they are now, but you didn't see them crashing at every turn, like you imply...

Have you read what the OP described to be happening? I'm not referring to a vehicle with the traction control turned off or doesn't have it at all. What I was referring to was the situation the OP described.

Necro

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions so far, I've had my Jeep parked for the last couple of months and I've been driving my tow rig instead. I finally got around to replacing the broken control arm today, and that didn't fix the problem. The traction control still kicks on when going around exit ramps any faster than 25 mph. I did use the AEV module to verify that the steering is aligned correctly. I also adjusted the tire size settings to the exact measured size etc, and I adjusted the gear ratio setting as well. I'm sure the dealership will tell me it's not under warranty (my Jeep only has 15k miles) because of my lift, but I've ran Currie lifts on several of my past Jeeps and never had an issue with any of them.

Anyone got any more ideas of what I should check before I take it to the dealership and ask them to troubleshoot it for me?

Thanks in advance!

Dopey84

So I had my traction control kick on and thought it was an alignment issue as well but after triple checking it I turned to my tie rod ends and drag link ends at both pitman arm and knuckle as they appeared to be a little worn that was my solution and haven't had an issue since.... maybe try that it's a pretty cheap fix and easy to do... hope that helps

Dopey

Top Bottom