My Jeep Renegade CB Solution - Midland 75-822 & Wilson Little Wil Antenna

prerunner1982

The neat thing about this Midland radio is that it can be converted to a handheld radio. Cobra makes a similar radio where the radio body mounts hidden away and the mic holds all the controls. The Cobra can not be converted to a handheld, but may be another option for those looking for this type of radio.

I like this too. Would it work well without the external antenna or no?
A radio will always work better with an external antenna. As mentioned by another member it may work ok with the stock rubber antenna (rubber ducky) from inside the vehicle if you are wanting to talk to others in very close proximity.

Sounds good. I'm looking for something that isn't mostly permanent and safe. I'll likely only be using 1-2 times a month.

A mag mount antenna would work fine on the hood as long as you don't get distracted by the antenna being in your field of vision. With the antenna mounted here you could run a much shorter piece of coax rather than having to find places to stow whatever would be left over if you were using 18'.

Napalm

I was wondering if you guys were going to find a way to put a CB in Renny. Considered this radio before I got my Cobra 25LtD. Looks great :)

Brian AL

Brian,
What size firestik is that?

I believe that was a 3'. I currently have two flex springs and a 2' fire stick. This puts the antenna just an inch or two above the top. Around here where I wheel there are lots of woods and branches and I didn't want much above the top. This set up works great for trail communications.

Top Bottom