My JK 2008 is pulling left!

Noble Woodsman

Have you tried rotating the tires? Assuming they all have the same load rating? Have you measured tread depth along the widths of the tires to check for abnormal tread wear?

What about the rear axle? Are the rear control arms the same length? It was 0.25" left of center, not right of center, correct? If brake pull is a suspected cause, also check the rear right wheel for brake pull.

Does the pull happen on smooth roads or only when you hit bumps? Does it happen when applying skinny pedal or only when coasting? Any vibrations, noises, or codes?

Just a friendly suggestion... it would be nice to have the list of things you've already tried in a single post so folks don't need to scour the whole thread to learn the history.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Frederick

Have you tried rotating the tires? Assuming they all have the same load rating? Have you measured tread depth along the widths of the tires to check for abnormal tread wear?

What about the rear axle? Are the rear control arms the same length? It was 0.25" left of center, not right of center, correct? If brake pull is a suspected cause, also check the rear right wheel for brake pull.

Does the pull happen on smooth roads or only when you hit bumps? Does it happen when applying skinny pedal or only when coasting? Any vibrations, noises, or codes?

Just a friendly suggestion... it would be nice to have the list of things you've already tried in a single post so folks don't need to scour the whole thread to learn the history.

Tires are new, no abnormal wear. I did swap them side to side. No vibrations. Btw the pull is to the left. But I can check the rear right caliper. I will make a post with the list of things I have done. Thanks

WJCO

Meme King
See if your pull comes and goes with accel or decel indicating a thrust angle problem.

Frederick

I just checked the ball joints and the lower left is bad. You can see the knuckle moving up and down. The uppers rarely get bad because they are follower ball joints

Noble Woodsman

I just checked the ball joints and the lower left is bad. You can see the knuckle moving up and down. The uppers rarely get bad because they are follower ball joints

Sounds like a possible root cause. Hope that fixes it for ya!

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
See if your pull comes and goes with accel or decel indicating a thrust angle problem.

No to hijack this thread, but mine certainly changes when you get on and off the gas. What’s the typical cause of that?

Top Bottom