My JK 2008 is pulling left!

Noble Woodsman

Hello, yes It does gets more violent with accel. But with the gearbox in neutral still does pulls

I would look more closely at the rear axle. Confirm that your control arms are the same length, bushings look tight, and check for brake pull. Your alignment numbers look good, so unless you have worn bushings, another worn ball joint, or dont trust your alignment numbers, i think you've ruled out most of the possible causes for the front.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Go for a drive like 25-35ish let go of the wheel and step on the brakes. Does it do the ‘normal’ pull to the left or does it dive hard left.

Last edited:

Frederick

I would look more closely at the rear axle. Confirm that your control arms are the same length, bushings look tight, and check for brake pull. Your alignment numbers look good, so unless you have worn bushings, another worn ball joint, or dont trust your alignment numbers, i think you've ruled out most of the possible causes for the front.

The only thing wrong on the rear is that the rear axle position is a 1/4 inch to the left

Noble Woodsman

The only thing wrong on the rear is that the rear axle position is a 1/4 inch to the left

Why are you so sure? I think WJCO and i are both wondering about the thrust angle, particularly since you said the pull gets worse with acceleration, and the axle not being centered just adds additional strain to the rear CA bushings.

A quick measurement could rule it out. Since it also pulls in neutral, any problem with the thrust angle should also be measurable at rest.

A four wheel alignment check would be the best way to rule out the rear axle (as well as a bent frame).

I dont think brake pull gets worse with acceleration, but i could be wrong.

BTW, why not just fix the 1/4" axle offset? It's an easy enough adjustment.

WJCO

Meme King
If his rear track bar is off 1/4" side to side, that won't affect anything. That's no big deal. But in regards to a possible worn control arm bushing, that could be an issue affecting thrust angle.

Frederick

If his rear track bar is off 1/4" side to side, that won't affect anything. That's no big deal. But in regards to a possible worn control arm bushing, that could be an issue affecting thrust angle.

Thrust angle is 0. The aligment sheet says that. I am really tired of this. I guess this tires pull like that

Frederick

I am also getting a hard dive to the left when I brake

Top Bottom