My life with a Brick

TheGrendel

also speaking of Seger, he's playing here on Mar 7th. our baby is due on the 5th, i asked the wife if she thought the hospital would watch our baby for a couple of hours so we could slip off to Seger. its just a few blocks from the hospital. :cheesy:

Brute

Hooked
It's hit or miss with great musical legends that are a bit long in the tooth...I saw BB King in Honolulu about 8-9 years ago, of whom I've been a huge fan of all my life...he was in such bad shape (perhaps due to medication) that he forgot how to play several of his songs...I felt terrible for him.

About 5 years ago, we went to the Hollywood Bowl to see Mark Knopfler open for Bob Dylan (we actually went to see Knopfler, I'm a huge fan)...when Dylan came out, his voice was so bad I couldn't understand a single word he said...and his band wasn't that tight either...we left halfway through his set...the only time in my life I walked out of a concert...

metalic

It’s true. I was never a huge fan of Garth Brooks but he definitely put on an intense show. The problem with George Strait is that he just stands there and sings. There’s no theatrics whatsoever. As long as you go into it knowing you’ll be sitting down during the whole concert, then you might not care. I saw him in ‘95 right around the time he made that movie and that’s how it was. Same with Willie Nelson. I saw him 10 years ago and even then he looked like a zombie on stage. Strait is definitely a bucket list though just to say you did it.

Only concert I regret not seeing was Chris Cornell. He came to Austin not long before his suicide and I really wanted to go, but said I’d check it next time. Learned my lesson on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I listen to a variety of music but grew up listening toMetallica, megadeth, etc but like most all music until it went downhill.

I'd be ordering tickets for George but its the same week we have a house booked in Moab.

Priorities

JKbrick

Any thoughts of this bar placement? I can sit in the seat and not hit my head
IMG_5296.JPG
IMG_5297.JPG
IMG_5298.JPG
It is actually not level with the middle flat square bar so if I level the metal bar I make before welding it in it will be almost 1” higher

wjtstudios

Hooked
Just me, but I would line it up. Architect thing, but if it’s close, I’d rather it be in line. Looks sweet though.

No issues on clearing the top of you were to move it up an inch?

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Looks good to me, it’s really personal preference if you want to line it up the middle or not. I would just make sure you won’t bump your head on it and make sure it won’t interfere with hard top if you decide to move it up that one inch.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Any thoughts of this bar placement? I can sit in the seat and not hit my head
View attachment 319288
View attachment 319289
View attachment 319290
It is actually not level with the middle flat square bar so if I level the metal bar I make before welding it in it will be almost 1” higher

I guess my only question would be, if you do actually end up going over or completely flopping which part do you want taking the hit at the back? I was just trying to picture which position would give better protection. Maybe I'm just an idiot 😂

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
It's hit or miss with great musical legends that are a bit long in the tooth...I saw BB King in Honolulu about 8-9 years ago, of whom I've been a huge fan of all my life...he was in such bad shape (perhaps due to medication) that he forgot how to play several of his songs...I felt terrible for him.

About 5 years ago, we went to the Hollywood Bowl to see Mark Knopfler open for Bob Dylan (we actually went to see Knopfler, I'm a huge fan)...when Dylan came out, his voice was so bad I couldn't understand a single word he said...and his band wasn't that tight either...we left halfway through his set...the only time in my life I walked out of a concert...

The saddest performance I've seen at the Bowl was Glen Campbell. He was well into his battle with Alzheimer's and was terrible to watch. Even though he had Prompters on stage to help him along he got lost regularly. I personally think that tour was his kids trying to boost their career before he passed.

JKbrick

I guess my only question would be, if you do actually end up going over or completely flopping which part do you want taking the hit at the back? I was just trying to picture which position would give better protection. Maybe I'm just an idiot [emoji23]

Like move it back down the radius further?

JKbrick

No, I think where it is the stock roll bar would make contact first and the piece you added would keep those two pieces from splaying. I'm no engineer, it was just what I thought when I looked at it

I had in my head them folding in on the passenger this whole time, hadn’t considered then spreading out. Maybe I need to add the angled legs too

metalic

I would want it just up the corner enough that its same height as stock side bars. I assume using 1.75 .120 dom? Then I'd add 1" gussets

Top Bottom