My $low JK Build

Tallhamer

Jeep looks real nice. Makes me still like the look of factory wheels with bigger tires and spacers. If it wasn't for me wanting to go black wheels and not wanting to deal with plasti dipping again I would run them.

firecrew1

jeep is looking good Mike. its come along way.. we will have to get another run together soon, should have my slabs on this weekend

NAUJK

jeep is looking good Mike. its come along way.. we will have to get another run together soon, should have my slabs on this weekend

Yeah man totally! We need to! I guess I might be running smiley rock this Friday (black Friday) with some family members that will be visiting.

Also I got my Evo corner armor on! Just needs painting!!

.... the tail lights are a struggle to get in... but I got them in.

Attachments

• 1448344189397.jpg
    1448344189397.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 259
  • 1448344197027.jpg
    1448344197027.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 255
  • 1448344204173.jpg
    1448344204173.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 279
Love the corners man they look awesome! Youre not the only one with the tail light problems mine were the biggest pain to get in! What color you painting them?

NAUJK

Awesome build :thumb: I cant wait wait till mine get that way.

Thanks man is been a long time coming but I love my rig.

Love the corners man they look awesome! Youre not the only one with the tail light problems mine were the biggest pain to get in! What color you painting them?

Yeah those lights are a pain in the butt... but I'm very happy. If only I could afford a full size spare and the Evo tire carrier then I would be very happy.

I painted them black like all the other armor.

NAUJK

Here are some crappy shots from my broken phone camera of me doing rock chucker on metal masher. I always forget to upload new pictures to this thread. I'll do that once I get to my computer.

Attachments

• 1460076466730.jpg
    1460076466730.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 230
  • 1460076476970.jpg
    1460076476970.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 240

NAUJK

My clutch recently went out so I'll be installing one of those along with a new cross member.

In other news I also got a used prorock for a great deal that I will be installing in the rear here over the next month or so.

Attachments

• 1461646834621.jpg
    1461646834621.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 232

CarolinaJK

My clutch recently went out so I'll be installing one of those along with a new cross member.

In other news I also got a used prorock for a great deal that I will be installing in the rear here over the next month or so.

I hate you. I need a damn ProRock! [emoji23]

NAUJK

Oh look! You're right. I do hate you more! Lol [emoji36]

Yeah it was a luck of a find just randomly searching craigslist and boom THERE it was!

Started the clutch replacement today.... ran into a snag with the exhasut bolts not wanting to come out... They are soaking in PBlaster hopefully that helps. The new cross member wont be here till monday anyway soo I have time before everything has to be back in it anyway.

I got underneath and through the gap you could see ball bearings so that makes that pop and rattling noise make sense.. well see how everything looks inside once its off and opened up...

Also found a leak of fluids that looks like coolant.... looks like its coming from the head gasket. so I may or may not have a head gasket leak which isnt good.. adding more and more money needed to fix things.

My rig will probably be down for a while till all of this is fixed: clutch, rear axle, coolant leak.

:icon_crazy:

NAUJK

Clutch is fixed!! Never realized how sloppy it was till you get a new one!

Also installed a new x member to replace the sheet metal stock one.

Next step: is the 60.
60 next to a friend's 8.8 for his XJ comparing.

I also found a used Evo tie carrier I will be picking up in Phoenix on Thursday. I need to stop spending money...

Attachments

• 1462344492391.jpg
    1462344492391.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 200
  • 1462344502291.jpg
    1462344502291.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 1462344583392.jpg
    1462344583392.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 210

Toyjunkey

i saw that evo carrier and thought about picking it up.]but when I called drew to ask about the brackets that are needed to mount it they told me they won't sell those brackets so you may look into it before buying ! It's so no one uses the mounts to reproduce the carrier.

NAUJK

i saw that evo carrier and thought about picking it up.]but when I called drew to ask about the brackets that are needed to mount it they told me they won't sell those brackets so you may look into it before buying ! It's so no one uses the mounts to reproduce the carrier.

I ended up not getting the carrier. Ill just Layaway with it Northridge when I can.

So for an update on the jeep....

It still needs a new headgasket and hopefully not a new head. I have the gasket kit and everything needed for that but I am currently getting the ProRock 60 thrown in the rear first!

According to UPS I should have the last 3 parts I need to get the axle hooked up and my jeep back on all 4s by Thursday and Saturday I dont work so all day saturday I should be able to get it up and standing on her own power again! Then itll be time to start the head gasket!

13427951_10154301642117460_129528608485240026_n.jpg

NAUJK

Any updates?

Yes sorry been busy with work! I have no pictures I'll get some up this weekend!

But axle is in and she is gorgeous! Locker is not hooked up yet but I'm just about done with the gear break in period.

It turns out it wasn't my has gasket but my intake manifold gasket that was leaking. But I replaced both the head gaskets and the intake manifold and there's no more coolant leak. Do have an exhaust leak and I'm guessing when I reattached the cats back to the manifold is not fully sealing but haven't had time to play with it yet.

Top Bottom