My Transmission on my 2010 JKU is Dead

jelliott076

So the whole tale ends with me driving off the lot, with a new tranny. They refunded the original oil & filter that in my opinion caused the disaster. They did not use the warranty, stating it would raise too many flags given my mods. I wound up paying $1400 and change out the door which beats the hell out of the quoted $4800. I'm not saying I left with a good feeling but at least my rig is running.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So the whole tale ends with me driving off the lot, with a new tranny. They refunded the original oil & filter that in my opinion caused the disaster. They did not use the warranty, stating it would raise too many flags given my mods. I wound up paying $1400 and change out the door which beats the hell out of the quoted $4800. I'm not saying I left with a good feeling but at least my rig is running.

Not a perfect ending but one that is much better than it could have been. Glad to hear you're up and running again :thumb:

Glad you are up and running. Sure you had some out of pocket, but it could have been much much worse and you were not left with "the flag" :clap2:

jeeeep

Hooked

good to hear, I bet they didn't want to use the warranty your mods were just an excuse. Here's the translation:

We decided it would be best for us if Chrysler did not find out that out service tech screwed up and have them tell us we would have to replace your tranny at our cost. So after several internal meetings one of our managers came up with the brilliant idea to just charge you cost for parts and reduced labor and then tell you that because of your mods we didn't want to raise any red flags that might affect your warranty, yea that's it. that's our story and we're sticking to it! :crazyeyes:

BlackKnight

good to hear, I bet they didn't want to use the warranty your mods were just an excuse. Here's the translation:

We decided it would be best for us if Chrysler did not find out that out service tech screwed up and have them tell us we would have to replace your tranny at our cost. So after several internal meetings one of our managers came up with the brilliant idea to just charge you cost for parts and reduced labor and then tell you that because of your mods we didn't want to raise any red flags that might affect your warranty, yea that's it. that's our story and we're sticking to it! :crazyeyes:

Absolutely the same thing that was running through my brain... :thumb:

Glad to hear you fixed, though I would not be going back to that Stealership anytime soon. (and warn other people away from them)...

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Glad to hear it. I think you made the right move. You could have gambled and fought (and possibly lost) or you can get a new tranny for $1400 and be done with it. Given those options, I would have taken option B.

jelliott076

Good to hear josh! Lets go break it again. :cheesy:

I'd like to say anytime, but you know how stupid the schedule can be. Miller Jeep Trail on the 11th is the next thing I'm doing. We'll have to put something together. I do have enough vacation on the books that I can drop what I'm doing and roll out.

jelliott076

I couldn't have stated it any better!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'd like to say anytime, but you know how stupid the schedule can be. Miller Jeep Trail on the 11th is the next thing I'm doing. We'll have to put something together. I do have enough vacation on the books that I can drop what I'm doing and roll out.

I'm pretty booked up the next month or two. Maybe we can hit corral canyon quick sometime.

jelliott076

I'm pretty booked up the next month or two. Maybe we can hit corral canyon quick sometime.

Yeah, that sounds quick and fun. Not like Lone Pine which I do want to go hit one of these days. Let me know when you've got time and I'll do my best to clear my schedule and fill my tank.

Take Care man,
J--

Top Bottom