Napalm's Billet Steel Vol. 2! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Pictury Diary.

Lol, in all seriousness, hope whatever you're going through gets better. :thumb:

It is my friend! It is. To answer your question about the element doors - the short answer is NO. The Enclosure panels do not come off easy, it's about a 2 hour job to remove/reinstall. Once they are installed, the doors effectively become full on half doors.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It is my friend! It is. To answer your question about the element doors - the short answer is NO. The Enclosure panels do not come off easy, it's about a 2 hour job to remove/reinstall. Once they are installed, the doors effectively become full on half doors.

Well, I could run tube doors in the summer, and if I need enclosure from the elements, I could run my soft doors. In the winter it would be nice to have the hard enclosure on the bottom. That's my only complaint of the soft doors; the cool breeze comes in from the bottom of the door in the winter.

Well, I could run tube doors in the summer, and if I need enclosure from the elements, I could run my soft doors. In the winter it would be nice to have the hard enclosure on the bottom. That's my only complaint of the soft doors; the cool breeze comes in from the bottom of the door in the winter.

You could definately do this. I wouldn't recommend taking them on and off over and over again but if it's once at summer time and then once at winter time.

Overall they are great doors I've been happy with them. Unfortunately I'll be offloading mine soon though due to some stuff going on and need to get some debt paid off quick. Unfortunately they are one of the few things that are expendable. [emoji52]

I haven't been able to focus on the build in quite some time just with everything going on, but I do have some photos to share. [emoji16]

Even though they are up for sale(check out my for sale thread[emoji12]) here are some photos of the half doors. As you can see, the powdercoat actually turned out to be a pretty strong match and only in direct sunlight is where the difference shows.
IMG_3074.jpg
IMG_3103.jpg
IMG_3106.jpg
IMG_3138.jpg

Unfortunately they will be sold soon hopefully, but I've certainly enjoyed running them for a short time. I am very impressed with the Bestop doors. They are incredibly solid, surprisingly weatherproof(ask me how I know) and overall a nice upgrade.

I haven't been able to focus on the build in quite some time just with everything going on, but I do have some photos to share. [emoji16]

Even though they are up for sale(check out my for sale thread[emoji12]) here are some photos of the half doors. As you can see, the powdercoat actually turned out to be a pretty strong match and only in direct sunlight is where the difference shows.
View attachment 267719
View attachment 267720
View attachment 267721
View attachment 267723

Unfortunately they will be sold soon hopefully, but I've certainly enjoyed running them for a short time. I am very impressed with the Bestop doors. They are incredibly solid, surprisingly weatherproof(ask me how I know) and overall a nice upgrade.

Steel is looking good there. I love the look of half doors on JKUs. :thumb:

No new updates as of yet. Recently during a freak pop up severe thunderstorms, Steel's interior got SOAKED. Pulled the carpet out and dried out the seats and thankfully everything dried out and nothing was damaged. Decided to just leave the carpet out!
IMG_2989.jpg
Doing a Royal Purple full synthetic soon.

Im waiting for my half doors to sell, once that happens I'll be able to get debt paid off and then start saving for more hopefully.

Heading to Barnwell Mountain OHV area for 3 days of wheeling & camping here in the next two weeks. :)

No new updates as of yet. Recently during a freak pop up severe thunderstorms, Steel's interior got SOAKED. Pulled the carpet out and dried out the seats and thankfully everything dried out and nothing was damaged. Decided to just leave the carpet out!
View attachment 268081
Doing a Royal Purple full synthetic soon.

Im waiting for my half doors to sell, once that happens I'll be able to get debt paid off and then start saving for more hopefully.

Heading to Barnwell Mountain OHV area for 3 days of wheeling & camping here in the next two weeks. :)

No big deal you your jeep got wet. Last year when I went wheeling doorless for the first time I had to drive through a waterpit that was much deeper than it looked like. I had water up past my ankles 🤦*♂️.... thanks for the drain plugs jeep engineers lol. I ditched my carpets long time ago and replaced with 'Bedrug' which is synthetic material which will NOT mold, stain or stink in the process. Good shit I say, I am very pleased with them.

Anyways, have fun in the OHV park.

Nathan glad nothing was damaged when Steel got soaked it happens man D-day got about 2 inches of water in the floorboard cause my wife left window down so don't feel bad
Also good luck at the OHV man praying for no breaks and great time

No big deal you your jeep got wet. Last year when I went wheeling doorless for the first time I had to drive through a waterpit that was much deeper than it looked like. I had water up past my ankles 🤦*♂️.... thanks for the drain plugs jeep engineers lol. I ditched my carpets long time ago and replaced with 'Bedrug' which is synthetic material which will NOT mold, stain or stink in the process. Good shit I say, I am very pleased with them.

Anyways, have fun in the OHV park.

Nathan glad nothing was damaged when Steel got soaked it happens man D-day got about 2 inches of water in the floorboard cause my wife left window down so don't feel bad
Also good luck at the OHV man praying for no breaks and great time

Thanks guys! I'm actually pretty happy with the no carpet and floor mats look for now. It's definately easier to keep clean and is one less thing I need to be concerned about in my Jeep!

After selling the half doors(finally), I've gotten what I need to taken care of and actually ended up with more than I thought I would have. Thus, starting today an official Jeep fund. This being an extra savings account that I've got a small but decent(in my opinion) chunk in for Jeep stuff and Jeep stuff only. After many discussions and getting myself into trouble financially a few times, my wife and I have agreed this is the best way for us to still get Jeep stuff without hurting ourselves.

So many possible parts come to mind.. :)

Plenty of trips planned. I'm heading to Barnwell for 3 days in August as well as Hot Springs OHV area in October. :)

Put Steel's carpet back in today. I'm having to take a road trip next week for work and my Jeep drew the short straw as far as being the one we took. I figured it be nice for heat issues, since I have noticed a slight difference.

Also, im going to have replace my windshield banner due to a pesky rock and it then reading "Wayal fe"

Stay tuned for a full and honest review about the Bestop Element doors and steel Enclosures! Coming tomorrow.

[emoji23]

Last edited:
Top Bottom