Napalm's NEW 2014 Jeep JKU Sport Picture diary/Build thread!

Jackal01

I am considering naked for this week, too. Gotta love the 60s and 70s with virtually no rain this week. :yup:

Napalm

I am considering naked for this week, too. Gotta love the 60s and 70s with virtually no rain this week. :yup:

Agreed. I will say, the 50 degree drive at 60 mph this morning sucked, but worth it when the days are this good.

Jackal01

Agreed. I will say, the 50 degree drive at 60 mph this morning sucked, but worth it when the days are this good.

There have been a couple times where I would work a night shift at the fire station and I didn't have the doors on because the daytime was warm. Well, come 5am when I would leave 50 degrees didn't seem too bad...until I was driving down the highway. I expect to be cold doing that so it wasn't a surprise per se but always a little shock at first. :shock:

Napalm

There have been a couple times where I would work a night shift at the fire station and I didn't have the doors on because the daytime was warm. Well, come 5am when I would leave 50 degrees didn't seem too bad...until I was driving down the highway. I expect to be cold doing that so it wasn't a surprise per se but always a little shock at first. :shock:

Getting a couple miles out of the house, and trying to decide if I regret this decision. Haha.

Jackal01

This is why god created jackets and beanies boys!!!!!:thumb::beer:

...I had both on!! :crazyeyes:

Come on now...I live in Houston. We have like 4 actual cold days each "winter" and the rest of "winter" temps are in the 50s! Anything below 60 and I am cold! :yup:

Napalm

...I had both on!! :crazyeyes:

Come on now...I live in Houston. We have like 4 actual cold days each "winter" and the rest of "winter" temps are in the 50s! Anything below 60 and I am cold! :yup:

I'll actually probably button her up for the remainder of the week after today. Rain expected this weekend in ETX.

Plus its just too darn Cold. :eek:

Napalm

Due to a not so sunny forecast coming for the next few days, I knew that today would be my last day to get in some naked action before putting the Jeep back together. So after getting off work, I decided to take a detour to a great rest stop/lookout point in a nearby area to take in the sights and enjoy a little extra topless/doorless cruising.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423533021.904902.jpg
Amazing views for what feels like forever
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423533089.294258.jpg
Great day for stripped down driving
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423533142.661057.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423533198.768389.jpg
Now for the obligatory grocery getting shot, what I actually do
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423533275.456233.jpg
All buttoned up and tucked in the garage
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423533326.762754.jpg

Jackal01

Working tonight! R2 stays inside when doorless. Driving the beauty in the background...my favorite to drive. :)

Attachments

• 1423546976890.jpg
    1423546976890.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 269

Jackal01

Oh nice! You won't see me climbing that thing..............

I would rather drive and pump than climb it (straight up) but I have and will if I have to. At my other dept we had a 95 foot stick and that thing I didn't enjoy the climb because it had no bucket. I am curious to see what the next aerial will be...slated for 2018. Pumpers are 10 months young. :rock:

Napalm

I would rather drive and pump than climb it (straight up) but I have and will if I have to. At my other dept we had a 95 foot stick and that thing I didn't enjoy the climb because it had no bucket. I am curious to see what the next aerial will be...slated for 2018. Pumpers are 10 months young. :rock:

Ours has no bucket as well on a 105'. It never gets used though as we only respond to wrecks and full Fire alarms with it.

We call it the Parade truck. LOL

We are in the process to changing our engines over to Pierce. We've just taken delievery of a new Pierce Custom Pumper.

Jackal01

Ours has no bucket as well on a 105'. It never gets used though as we only respond to wrecks and full Fire alarms with it.

We call it the Parade truck. LOL

We are in the process to changing our engines over to Pierce. We've just taken delievery of a new Pierce Custom Pumper.

Haha yea. It doesn't see much fire but it is on a lot of mutal aid so it gets called a lot. All of our pumpers, rescues and the tower are Pierce. Boosters and rehab are Ford. We just got the Pierce Velocity PUC. I don't much care for side-mount pump panel. I prefer mid mount but with this design also has a ton of interior space. You can fit a queen size bed in there I think. Nice trucks but I am a little old school which is probably why I love driving the Tower. Just a beast of a truck! Love it. :yup:

Napalm

Haha yea. It doesn't see much fire but it is on a lot of mutal aid so it gets called a lot. All of our pumpers, rescues and the tower are Pierce. Boosters and rehab are Ford. We just got the Pierce Velocity PUC. I don't much care for side-mount pump panel. I prefer mid mount but with this design also has a ton of interior space. You can fit a queen size bed in there I think. Nice trucks but I am a little old school which is probably why I love driving the Tower. Just a beast of a truck! Love it. :yup:

Yeah I feel the exact same way about ours!!

Napalm

Some new WAYALIFE decals ordered this morning to resticker up the sides of my Jeep.

It really needs a name.....

Top Bottom