Napalm's NEW 2014 Jeep JKU Sport Picture diary/Build thread!

Napalm

Can't quit staring. Makes me want 35s so bad I get giddy thinking about it while slobbering over your kick ass looking rig.

One quick question though... Do your chopped fenders flap and/ or vibrate at highway speeds or over rough terrain or are they solid?

Thank you!! They flap but not hardly at all, not enough to notice unless you are looking at it. With the fender support still in it makes them real solid.

Great pics!

Rig is looking great man! I know you mentioned the Texas heat while running naked, and I was amazed at how much the SpiderWebShade cut down on the heat. It made a huge difference. Just food for thought.

I love the spiderwebshade! I just don't have one.. lol. They look like a great product and I know I could use one, just a couple more things on the list in front of it!

tharb5111

Rig is looking great man! I know you mentioned the Texas heat while running naked, and I was amazed at how much the SpiderWebShade cut down on the heat. It made a huge difference. Just food for thought.

I agree. Have had top off all summer and the spider shade keeps it tolerable. Kids and wife didn't complain yesterday and my dash temp read 108 at one point. Spider shade makes a huge diff. Love it.

Napalm

Well, as much as it pains me to be announcing this in this thread, Onyx will soon be sold.

After buying a new house, deciding both my wife and I want(and need) to go back to school, and attempting to completely pay off debt, I have made the very difficult but needed desicion to let go of the Jeep.

While I love Onyx very much, I have to do what is best for my family and for myself. And i'm just not going to have time for this hobby anymore..

So it'll soon be listed on the For Sale threads... Possibly a part out as well.

Thank you all for following this build thread and Onyx's time with me.

thardy

Banned
Well, as much as it pains me to be announcing this in this thread, Onyx will soon be sold.

After buying a new house, deciding both my wife and I want(and need) to go back to school, and attempting to completely pay off debt, I have made the very difficult but needed desicion to let go of the Jeep.

While I love Onyx very much, I have to do what is best for my family and for myself. And i'm just not going to have time for this hobby anymore..

So it'll soon be listed on the For Sale threads... Possibly a part out as well.

Thank you all for following this build thread and Onyx's time with me.

Sorry to hear that man, but I completely understand! Been there, done that.

ITLL GO

Bummer! But when you both are rolling in the Benjamin's you can always get another jeep!!! Awesome build to follow, good luck with the sale.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Sorry to hear bout that but hey you gotta do what's best for your family and that's the truth
Thank you for sharing all the pics and updates on Onyx

el_chupo_

Sorry to see it go, but good for you for taking care of the important things!

I see you have it on the Dallas craigslist, which will hopefully help.

If you do end up going back to stock to trade in, I might be able to work something out with you on the bumper, and I still have my stock one if you need it, either way.

GLWS

BigDfromBigD

Ditto el-chupo, might be able to trade parts.

I too am sad. This was my favorite thread and I am planning to build mine a lot like yours. I tell my children, an education is a golden ticket and worth more than possession. I congratulate you on a wise, but difficult choice.

Hayman_6735

GLWS sorry that you are selling your jeep but you gotta do what you gotta do for family. Great choice and best of luck with life's new adventure

Napalm

Sorry to hear that man, but I completely understand! Been there, done that.

I knew you would understand. It's hard to do but its what is best.

Bummer! But when you both are rolling in the Benjamin's you can always get another jeep!!! Awesome build to follow, good luck with the sale.

Exactly!! Something that's not a daily driver either :)

So bummed to hear this. Gonna miss your picture updates. This was a fun thread to follow.

And I enjoyed following yours as well and thank you for following.

I'm bummed as well about this. Will you still be organizing and attending the Oct and Jan Texas' runs?

I'm working hard to find someone to take over these runs and take my place so that they can still happen.

Sorry to hear bout that but hey you gotta do what's best for your family and that's the truth
Thank you for sharing all the pics and updates on Onyx

Thank you for following along with them! But you are correct, family comes first.

Sorry to see it go, but good for you for taking care of the important things!

I see you have it on the Dallas craigslist, which will hopefully help.

If you do end up going back to stock to trade in, I might be able to work something out with you on the bumper, and I still have my stock one if you need it, either way.

GLWS

It has helped, I've gotten many offers so far just by it being on there in a day.

Ditto el-chupo, might be able to trade parts.

I too am sad. This was my favorite thread and I am planning to build mine a lot like yours. I tell my children, an education is a golden ticket and worth more than possession. I congratulate you on a wise, but difficult choice.

Thank you for following. It's the people that have followed and looked on to this thread that have made it what it is!

Sad to see Onyx go, but you're doing the right thing. I'll have to find another favorite build thread...

Thanks for always following. It was a decision i hated to make and hated even more to announce but it's something I had to do.

That sucks man, but I understand having to sell stuff you love. There will always be another one to buy. 

Thats very true. It's never really the end!

Sorry to hear, but been there myself... best of luck with everything...

Thank you !

Giving up Fire/EMTP?

More like branching out and going Fire/NRP/RN :)

Top Bottom