Need a confirmation from the JK Gods (experienced Jk owners)

JakeJK

I think mostly bump steer usually from the drag link and trac bars no longer parallel.

Could be flighty steering also but I believe that was from your castor being off which would be fixed with front lower adjustable control arms.

The steering stabilizer is not needed on a properly set up suspension and steering. If one is preferred I would recommend a factory one. Most aftermarket ones cause a push one way, causing the vehicle to drift.

Yep I defiantly have bump steer, it's not awful but it's annoying

gurjeezy

Could be flighty steering also but I believe that was from your castor being off which would be fixed with front lower adjustable control arms.

I see lower adj. control arms are the additions that a lot of people overlook when getting a lift and you're a strong believer. If stock is given a 2.5" lift and ends up becoming a 3.5"/4", adj. control arms will realign the castor. Now, if the additional of weight (steel bumpers, skid plates, etc.) brings the ride height down back to 2.5" then will the castor re-adjust? Is there still a need for adj. arms? I guess what I am trying to say is it always necessary to add on the adj. arms with any coil lift, any height?

Last edited:

Pyro1415

I see lower adj. control arms are the additions that a lot of people overlook when getting a lift and you're a strong believer. If stock is given a 2.5" lift and ends up becoming a 3.5"/4", adj. control arms will realign the castor. Now, if the additional of weight (steel bumpers, skid plates, etc.) brings the ride height down back to 2.5" then will the castor re-adjust? Is there still a need for adj. arms? I guess what I am trying to say is it always necessary to add on the adj. arms with any coil lift, any height?

When you lift your caster will always be off, the more you lift the more off it becomes. It is not needed with 2.5", want maybe, need no, but your jeep will function fine with the stock ones. Once you start going past that issues become more dramatic and common at that point the arms are needed as well as re-alignment of the bars through adjustable ones, new brackets/ flip kit. Considering mine gave a net life of 4" to the front on an unlimited and I am still running all stock arms it's not horrible. I plan to upgrade but I'm debating selling.

BeachJK

Makes sense to me. The OP has a 2dr, so depending in what brand 2.5 lift he gets he could easily net 3.5 to 4 inches of lift. Which would possibly need a drag link flip. And then most drag link flip kits come with a track bar relocation bracket to correct its geometry.

That statement in it self is a contradiction. If you don't know weather your getting a 2.5" or up 4", you still don't need a drag link flip. Only above 4" is that even necessary. Not all drag link flips come with a new track bar bracket which was never mentioned to begin with. And a track bar bracket is a fixed high adjustment. So if the bracket raises 2 inches which is most common, anything height lift above 2.5 will need adjustment. If the height of the lift is any less than 4 inches you don't need a drag flip to begin with. So any which way you look at it money on a drag flip is a waste. If he gets 2.5 inches of lift like the kit says a track bar bracket will do, if it's more an adjustable track bar is fine. Don't waste your money.

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
That statement in it self is a contradiction. If you don't know weather your getting a 2.5" or up 4", you still don't need a drag link flip. Only above 4" is that even necessary. Not all drag link flips come with a new track bar bracket which was never mentioned to begin with. And a track bar bracket is a fixed high adjustment. So if the bracket raises 2 inches which is most common, anything height lift above 2.5 will need adjustment. If the height of the lift is any less than 4 inches you don't need a drag flip to begin with. So any which way you look at it money on a drag flip is a waste. If he gets 2.5 inches of lift like the kit says a track bar bracket will do, if it's more an adjustable track bar is fine. Don't waste your money.

Should I remove my drag link flip on my jeep? 3" lift on a four door. Please advise

olram30

No, it's not necessary, but a flip was a want not a need to begin with for 3", but you know that.

You made me feel like I wasted my money for centering my axle, correcting my track bar and drag link and steering geometry plus other benefits of having a drag link flip at 3". So only at 4" or above is what your suggesting?

BeachJK

You made me feel like I wasted my money for centering my axle, correcting my track bar and drag link and steering geometry plus other benefits of having a drag link flip at 3". So only at 4" or above is what your suggesting?

Drag link has nothing to do with centering your axle, and at no time did I say a track bar bracket wasn't necessary or a waste. Does a flip at 3" benefit, yes but very little. Is it a waste of money, it's your money that sup to you. But to say you need a drag flip at 3", or a drag flip will fix an axle centering issue, that would be incorrect.

Last edited:

olram30

Drag link has nothing to do with centering your axle, and at no time did I say a track bar bracket wasn't necessary or a waste. Does a flip at 3" benefit, very little. Is it a waste of money, it's your money that sup to you. But to say you need a drag flip at 3", would be incorrect.

I think to say it helps very little and a waste is incorrect. But what do I know.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Drag link has nothing to do with centering your axle, and at no time did I say a track bar bracket wasn't necessary or a waste. Does a flip at 3" benefit, yes but very little. Is it a waste of money, it's your money that sup to you. But to say you need a drag flip at 3", or a drag flip will fix an axle centering issue, that would be incorrect.

Nice edit :bleh:

thardy

Banned

I'll just leave this here.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Maybe you should read it again. It's all sound advise.

Considering I had a dl flip kit installed on my jeep at 2.5" which yielded 3" (+/- a .25") and it helped my jeep a lot with handling I think I'm going to back olram up and say it's highly suggested at 3" of lift.

Top Bottom