Need a confirmation from the JK Gods (experienced Jk owners)

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Considering I had a dl flip kit installed on my jeep at 2.5" which yielded 3" (+/- a .25") and it helped my jeep a lot with handling I think I'm going to back olram up and say it's highly suggested at 3" of lift.

It does very little to help, haven't you heard?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It does very little to help, haven't you heard?

Ah shit well looks like I wasted my money then on it. Oh well I'm glad I have it now with the coilovers since I'm over 4" of lift which is when I would need it per this guy anyway

BeachJK

I'll just leave this here.

Got me, guess I did say it. So yeah, I think it's a waste. But then I also said later it's up to you to determine that, it's your money. But it's defiantly not necessary and has nothing to do with your track bar issues. As the first post I replied to implied. Ask any manufacturer. Everyone's got an opinion, the OP is on the right track.

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
Got me, guess I did say it. So yeah, I think it's a waste. But then I also said later it's up to you to determine that, it's your money. But it's defiantly not necessary and has nothing to do with your track bar issues. As the first post I replied to implied. Ask any manufacturer.

Sorry, but you'll forgive me for not taking your recommendations.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Skip the exhaust spacers, buy a front driveshaft. At 2.5 inches it isn't necessarily needed provide you don't get too much droop. If you do go with a new front driveshaft, you will need front lower control arms. I would go with 17 inch rims and tires, more tire options and more likely to find tires in stock at tire shops. Skip the adjustable track bar. Depending on how much lift you actually get, you may need a drag link flip up front which would address the trackbar. In the rear, I would buy something like the EVO rear track bar bracket. You can run 35s on factory carrier, just make sure it has isolators or whatever to make sure it's tight against the tailgate.

The MT/AT debate just depends on what terrain you want to wheel.

Full circle clip axle shafts are good. Along with the outer gussets.

You could run something like a budget boost and clear 35s.

This is my original post, I should have said if you get 3 inches or more lift out of a 2.5 inch lift or bigger lift you will need to do a drag link flip and that I would recommend one like the EVO one as it will ALSO raise the track bar and by doing that an adjustable track bar isnt needed.

I see lower adj. control arms are the additions that a lot of people overlook when getting a lift and you're a strong believer. If stock is given a 2.5" lift and ends up becoming a 3.5"/4", adj. control arms will realign the castor. Now, if the additional of weight (steel bumpers, skid plates, etc.) brings the ride height down back to 2.5" then will the castor re-adjust? Is there still a need for adj. arms? I guess what I am trying to say is it always necessary to add on the adj. arms with any coil lift, any height?

If you buy a 2.5 inch lift and gain more than that but then add bumpers, winch, etc and it drops it back down then your probably good. I have a 2.5 inch coil lift on my four door and gained a little more than that. Before I added the warn power plant I was debating about the EVO drag link flip to address the drag link and raise the track bar. Once I added the winch, it was enough to bring the front end down some and doesnt seem as bad as what it was. So I will wait on purchasing that.

So that's why most kits under 4" come with a drag flip. Oh that's right MOST don't.

Most kits go the cheap way and do a drop pitman arm. Good luck with that.

Last edited:

BeachJK

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443014681.427734.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443014695.600347.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443014715.413459.jpg

Rock Krawler, MetalCloak, and Terraflex don't seem to think it's an issue. These are all from there top line 3-3.5 inch lifts. So who's drinking the Kool-aid, the almighty EVO sect is. Don't be so close minded.

Big b

I may not be a "JK God" but do consider myself an experienced JK owner. I have "experienced the benefits of a drag link flip with raised track bar from 3" of lift up to 5" and don't believe it's a waste at all. The OP has a 2 dr and wants a coil lift. He will be hard pressed to find a coil lift that only nets him 2.5". In my experience even RK's 1.5" lift netted 2.5"+. No you don't need any of this stuff or even a lifted jeep. But if a lifted 2dr JK is what you want and depending on how well you want it to ride then there are some parts and pieces that get overlooked on most kits (control arms, driveshafts, DL flip kit, etc...).

Top Bottom