Need input - 3" or 3.5" lift, what would you do?

randomhero199

More awesome info! I'd rather have a tried/true product over something that's marketed well!

Is there any real difference between the Currie lift and Evo coil lift? They're both using Johnny Joints, not sure on Currie's arm material, etc.

randomhero199

I've found the Currie kit w/arms and even aluminum rear sway bar for over $1000 cheaper than the evo kit. If both kits are using Johnny Joints, is this a no brainer?

Jeepfan30

So, you found a Currie kit for $200? I just looked the Currie site and the cheapest kit for a JK is $1200ish.

I've found the Currie kit w/arms and even aluminum rear sway bar for over $1000 cheaper than the evo kit. If both kits are using Johnny Joints, is this a no brainer?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
More awesome info! I'd rather have a tried/true product over something that's marketed well!

Is there any real difference between the Currie lift and Evo coil lift? They're both using Johnny Joints, not sure on Currie's arm material, etc.

EVO arms are basically Currie arms and both are really nice. I have installed and tested a Currie kit and what I don't like about it are the coils they provide with it and how they address steering geometry by using a dropped pitman arm. Also, while their track bar relocation brackets do require welding, they seem to lack additional structural support that I prefer.

Not a no brainer for me and for the reasons stated above. Also, I personally prefer the factory sway bars. Of course, I'm just going off of what I've personally installed and tested.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No.... SDHQ has currie kit for $2100 w/o the sway bar, and $2500 w/anti-rock sway bar, the Evo Enforcer setup is $3600 :doh:

Don't know what you're smoking but the Enforcer kit is only about $1200.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/1...hiBk_zCq0Lu9L0iA8-UvMby3lX0cf6Bk8hRoCRX3w_wcB

For another $450, you get a set of Rancho 9000's. That brings you to a grand total of only $1650. :thinking:

Also, I can't stand the Antirock. Too stiff off road and way too noisy. Total waste of money in my opinion.

randomhero199

zimm

Caught the Bug
I have a RK 2.5 flex which is 2.5" springs, lower adjustable arms, adj track bar, and rear track bar bracket. I'm running FOX IPF 2.0 shocks. I'm not happy with the ride. It's better than stock, but nowhere near as good as my 2008 4runner was with ICON coilovers up front and bilstein rear 5100's. The 4runner could launch over speed bumps in the neighborhood and soak them up. My Jeep crashes over speed bumps. Also when coming to a complete stop, the jeep does 3 little fore and aft rocking motions. It's like there's no dampening for small movement, but if you take a big hit, it's gets real stiff. The progressive springs, while they sound like a good idea, I don't think they are working. With the jeep at rest, the first 3 coils are basically touching!

I'm not sure what to do to get the performance I want. I want to not have to slow down for speed bumps and just soak them up. I don't know if it's the shocks or springs or both to blame. I'm tempted to try the EVO plush rides and swap shocks- either Rancho 9000's (ran then on my old CJ) or go with something exotic like King.

Then part of me wants to just scrap it and go with coilers.

Since I already have the front lowers, track bars, extended brake lines, it's not too much cash outlay to swap springs and shocks- especially if I can sell my stuff locally.

Top Bottom