NEVER talk to the police!

rockcrawler26

This kid WANTED a reaction and got it. Do you think he would post the video if the cop did the "right" thing? I don't think so. This is a kid who is trying to cause problems. But who will he call when he's in trouble. ... the cops. And I hope this cop is the one responding.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

The video is highly edited and very biased in favor of the kid. Who knows how many times that kid drove through that check point trying to get a reaction on video.

Not to mention if you truly don't want to answer up at a check point. Pull your inattentive head out. There is a alternate route or 'exit' to every check point. Just go around. Not to mention the half mile of signs and lights before hand...and media coverage and cops swarming around,... etc etc.

Didn't mean to swat the hornets nest here. Just stating my opinion.
#bringbackthesap

You, nor I, can say what was edited out and I would say that you're making assumptions.

I've been through many checkpoints and every one of them snuck up on me and I had nowhere to turn around at. Not only that, but I shouldn't have to take alternative routes to avoid being interrogation by the fuzz.

I'll due my duty as a civilian and slide my ID through the crack in my windshield and not answer a single question asked of me. I'll ask the officer if I am under arrest, and if not then I do not consent to anything and will be on my way.

My suggestion to everyone is to video record every encounter you ever have with the police. They tend to act like a human being rather than God when cameras are present.

You, nor I, can say what was edited out and I would say that you're making assumptions.

I've been through many checkpoints and every one of them snuck up on me and I had nowhere to turn around at. Not only that, but I shouldn't have to take alternative routes to avoid being interrogation by the fuzz.

I'll due my duty as a civilian and slide my ID through the crack in my windshield and not answer a single question asked of me. I'll ask the officer if I am under arrest, and if not then I do not consent to anything and will be on my way.

My suggestion to everyone is to video record every encounter you ever have with the police. They tend to act like a human being rather than God when cameras are present.

You are right about me assuming. I was......

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

Sharky is right on point.

I'm not trying to start a fight with you, but do you truly believe that everyone should give up their rights and obey an officer's every command because he's a cop? And that they should be able to detain you whenever you don't obey his commands(that he has no legal right to demand) and answer every question he asks you even though it is non of his business?

Armydog

There were several things that this officer did wrong, and I won't try to make excuses for his behavior.

(What follows is not directed at Chris, it's just my .02.)

That said, all of these "how to act like a complete douche so you can brag on the web that you know more about constitutional law than Chemerinsky" videos make me sick.

Punks like this are not champions of your constitutional rights...they are just punks. Roll your fucking window down, treat the officer with a little respect and, chances are, you will get respect back.

If you are truly worried about the degradation of your constitutional rights, get involved by becoming part of the system. Vote with intelligence in the political process, both locally and federally. That includes being involved in your local legislative process to help craft law. Earn a badge, walk a beat. Earn a J.D., represent someone in front of a judge. But don't act like a douche just for the sake of it and then pretend you are protecting my rights or giving anyone good information. A douche is a douche, no matter how many times they have read the Constitution.

Fully agree!!! 100%. Right on target!!!

This shitbag's full intention was to "set up" the officers for his hidden video camera. Right from the start of the encounter he was disrespectful, arrogant and obstinate for no other reason than to goad the officer into taking action that could be posted on the net in the attempt to glorify himself and villainize law enforcement

Follow sparkie's advice and I guarantee most of your police interactions will not go well. The officer will "smell" something off and only try harder to find the source! Does this sound like fun to you? If it does, you sir are an ignorant asshole.

MOST of the persons encountered on a directed patrol event like a legal DUI check are not in violation or trying to get away with something criminal however MANY who are are also just dumb enough to give themselves away after very basic questioning by an LEO. Asking questions, getting a positive ID and observing a persons behavior while under some stress is just good police work, period.

Best advice, if you have nothing to hide. Be polite. Be respectfully. Comply with simple legal request. Answer simple question directly and honesty. Don't offer additional information, just answer the questions and if you have nothing to hide you will move along quietly along your way allowing those officers to invest their time and efforts into getting the drunk mother fucker off the road before he or she hits your wife and kids driving home from soccer practice.

If you have something to hide. Be polite. Be respectful. Answer those question that don't reveal your intent, crime or cargo. Comply with simple orders that don't directly expose you current issue (like the body in the trunk) BUT DO NOT EVER CONSENT TO A SEARCH!!!! If they are asking, you are already on the path to a fishing trip. Trust me, you did not hide it well enough, refuse to consent. There is a chance that you can call their bluff and walk away. Maybe not, but at that point you have nothing to loose.

Respect and courteously will get you a lot farther than any other approach.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

I'm not trying to start a fight with you, but do you truly believe that everyone should give up their rights and obey an officer's every command because he's a cop? And that they should be able to detain you whenever you don't obey his commands(that he has no legal right to demand) and answer every question he asks you even though it is non of his business?

No.......

Chris you are missing the point. If you are stopped by a cop. There are certain things you have to do. One is provide a license/ID. If there is reason to believe you may be under the influence then there are questions you should answer and things you should do (field sobriety test stuff) It is only going to make matters worse if you don't. And the outcome will be you still going to jail. However if you just go with the program and nothing is fishy and your sober you'll be on your merry way.

And I'm not taking this as a fight or attack. I hope you arn't either.

Just opposing opinions is all and a simple discussion.

Cheers!

StrizzyChris

No.......

Chris you are missing the point. If you are stopped by a cop. There are certain things you have to do. One is provide a license/ID. If there is reason to believe you may be under the influence then there are questions you should answer and things you should do (field sobriety test stuff) It is only going to make matters worse if you don't. And the outcome will be you still going to jail. However if you just go with the program and nothing is fishy and your sober you'll be on your merry way.

And I'm not taking this as a fight or attack. I hope you arn't either.

Just opposing opinions is all and a simple discussion.

Cheers!

Nope, no attack by me either...I enjoy a respectful debate.

Back to the topic, I agree that it's my responsibility to ID myself. Outside of that, I have no responsibility other than to comply with an officer if I am being detained.

If I am ever pulled over, after my video recording beings, I'll provide my ID and beyond that I will not answer a single other question. I'll ask if I am under arrest and being detained. If not I will be leaving along my law abiding way.

I'm not a criminal and deserve to not be treated like one until it is warranted.

Those cops are dicks. He did nothing wrong and they treated him like shit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Nope, no attack by me either...I enjoy a respectful debate.

Back to the topic, I agree that it's my responsibility to ID myself. Outside of that, I have no responsibility other than to comply with an officer if I am being detained.

If I am ever pulled over, after my video recording beings, I'll provide my ID and beyond that I will not answer a single other question. I'll ask if I am under arrest and being detained. If not I will be leaving along my law abiding way.

I'm not a criminal and deserve to not be treated like one until it is warranted.

Question. What will you do if you ARE being lawfully detained? Let's say you have been drinking? Would you rather stay quiet and not go with along with field sobriety tests? The end result of which could mean getting arrested?

Would you want a career drunk to act the same way when stopped to "preserve their rights?" Or a serial child molester? Good idea, let's all say fuck the police and hamper their ability to keep YOU safe.

I am with Sharkey on this one. But what do I know...

Note: I didn't watch the video, I've seen many like them. The ones that make it onto YouTube are the ones where the officer acts like an idiot, is unprofessional and should learn more about how to do his job effectively.

Last edited:
Question. What will you do if you ARE being lawfully detained? Let's say you have been drinking? Would you rather stay quiet and not go with along with field sobriety tests? The end result of which could mean getting arrested?

Would you want a career drunk to act the same way when stopped to "preserve their rights?" Or a serial child molester? Good idea, let's all say fuck the police and hamper their ability to keep YOU safe.

I am with Sharkey on this one. But what do I know...

Note: I didn't watch the video, I've seen many like them. The ones that make it onto YouTube are the ones where the officer acts like an idiot, is unprofessional and should learn more about how to do his job effectively.

I have no problem with what the cop did. It was just the way he did it that wasn't right. I'm all for keeping everyone safe but he should have been a little more professional. Cops have a very hard job because they don't have any idea what that kids up to but there was a better way he could have handled the situation

Sharkey

Word Ninja

And again, if you think doing the above in any way protects your rights, my rights, or any of the enumerated rights of the "people" protected by the constitution, I respectfully think you are wrong. It puts you at risk and the police officers on edge. Our collective rights don't get adjudicated and defined on the street; they get adjudicated in a court of law or defined in a legislative caucus room.

I once pissed into the wind; it seemed like a good idea but in the end, I just covered myself in piss.

StrizzyChris

I agree that it's my responsibility to ID myself. Outside of that, I have no responsibility other than to comply with an officer if I am being detained.

Good idea, let's all say fuck the police and hamper their ability to keep YOU safe.

This IS NOT an anti-police thread or a thread meant to get people all fired up to talk negatively about law enforcement. I dont want a single ill word spoken here about the people who do the work none of us want or are aren't willing to do. I have family in law enforcement and many friends that I care deeply about.

StrizzyChris

Our collective rights don't get adjudicated and defined on the street; they get adjudicated in a court of law or defined in a legislative caucus room.

....and on the streets all of my rights get pissed on in the name of "it's to protect everyone"?

Like with highway above, I'm not trying to argue or fight with anyone, but every day there's another law being passed to make more things illegal, more people criminals, and take away everyone's rights....why do we have to answer to our temporary master while he judges you and decides if he wants to detain you further?

StrizzyChris

I'm not a criminal and I find it sad that when I see police, I become fearful rather than protected. I hit my brakes even when I'm not speeding. I avoid contact at all cost.

I'm not a criminal and I find it sad that when I see police, I become fearful rather than protected. I hit my brakes even when I'm not speeding. I avoid contact at all cost.

Ya I know exactly what your saying. I also think that it's worse when your young because people are very stereotypical and thing we are all trouble makers and I don't think that is right at all. Cops should always treat people with respect until they are given a reason not to no matter your age

Armydog

And again, if you think doing the above in any way protects your rights, my rights, or any of the enumerated rights of the "people" protected by the constitution, I respectfully think you are wrong. It puts you at risk and the police officers on edge. Our collective rights don't get adjudicated and defined on the street; they get adjudicated in a court of law or defined in a legislative caucus room.

I once pissed into the wind; it seemed like a good idea but in the end, I just covered myself in piss.

Yup

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Lobo6

Driving is a privilege not a right. Each state is given the right to enact their own laws. If you want to "play" with the police, go for it!

kevinp

I agree with the do what they say and it'll be over statement. These checkpoints remind me of nazi checkpoints back in the day.

Holy crap! How old are you, dude?! :D

It's a shame cops can't use Saps anymore. That punk kid could use one across the face.

I don't even know what that is, but I agree.

This kid WANTED a reaction and got it. Do you think he would post the video if the cop did the "right" thing? I don't think so. This is a kid who is trying to cause problems. But who will he call when he's in trouble. ... the cops. And I hope this cop is the one responding.

The young driver was being an inciteful asshat (yes, inciteful SHOULD be a word). You know what this reminds me of? That idiot Master Sergeant in Texas who was hemmed up for walking around with an M4-style weapon at the freaking LOW READY down the street. Does he have a right to carry a rifle to protect himself from coyotes? Yes. Yes he does. But slung across his chest like he's patrolling freaking Fallujah? Come on! Reasonable person standard. Would a REASONABLE person pull up to a DWI check point and tell the cop how it's going to go? Absolutely not. Would a REASONABLE person walk around an even sparsely populated area in the US with a military style rifle, especially in this day and age, slung at the low ready? No. I don't think so. The driver should have been examined further. Sure, he has a right to drive about the US without being unlawfully detained, but that cop also has a right to be able to do his job without a smartass coming through acting like he is going to set the parameters of the check. But then, maybe I'm biased.

Kevin

DA RUNT

I talk to the police everyday. Mainly because my brother is a police CPT in Hawaii and I work in a MP BDE. Like any other profession, there are good ones and bad ones. But there are far more bad citizens putting the rest of us in danger. Police officers have a hard enough job without all the dumbasses who took a semester of law at the local community college trying to make a viral video. :twocents:

Top Bottom