NEW!!!! 2" SPORT system with progressive coils front and rear!

JAGS

Hooked
Yes. He turns 16 in about 10 months. I'm going to do a few more things for him first (mild lift, wheels, 315's, a cage, and maybe OBA) and then hand it over.

My general plan is to drive one of our other vehicles until the Jeep truck comes out.

So I'm guessing your son has been eyeing the Jeep since the day you brought it home. Lol. Awesome that you are modding it out for him. [emoji106]

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So I'm guessing your son has been eyeing the Jeep since the day you brought it home. Lol. Awesome that you are modding it out for him. [emoji106]

That, and my wife's 5 series. I prefer not to hand over the keys of a vehicle that can pretty easily hit 150 mph. ;)

GraniteCrystal

Yes. He turns 16 in about 10 months. I'm going to do a few more things for him first (mild lift, wheels, 315's, a cage, and maybe OBA) and then hand it over.

My general plan is to drive one of our other vehicles until the Jeep truck comes out.

Cool, thanks.
Sharkey going for the JT! Awesome. Excited to see what it looks like and what you come up with for it.

JKbrick

Cool, thanks.

That's awesome, I did that with a super duty I had when my son started driving

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
NEW!!!! 2" SPORT system with progressive coils front and rear!

Rancho - I'm confused. In this thread you say the rear is about a 2" lift. On Rancho's website it says the rear is only a 3/4" lift?

IMG_3853.JPG

What am I missing? :thinking: I really want to pull the trigger on this kit later this week, but I want to make sure it's enough for the 315's that are on the way.

Thanks!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Rancho - I'm confused. In this thread you say the rear is about a 2" lift. On Rancho's website it says the rear is only a 3/4" lift?

View attachment 266492

What am I missing? :thinking: I really want to pull the trigger on this kit later this week, but I want to make sure it's enough for the 315's that are on the way.

Thanks!
Matt stated to me I would have had to trim a tad for 315's if I would have went with that kit and tires

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Correct a little trimming is need to run the 35" tire.
So it will sit pretty even front and rear too, depending on weight.
It will rain more than 3/4" in the rear too.
Just the way we word things. Lie on the trucks we say "lift the rear 2.5" but the front 6"... but it really gets it up to correct ride height.

:beer:

ForumRunner_20170415_230141_zpshbhfe12p.jpeg

el_chupo_

Matt stated to me I would have had to trim a tad for 315's if I would have went with that kit and tires

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have the older kit with a 3/4" spacer in the rear on factory rubicon rear springs (59, IIRC), and I have very minor tire rub at full flex. Kit does not come with rear bump stops, so do a bit of trimming or add 1/2 or 3/4" of rear bump stop and problem is solved.

note that is with a LOD linked tire carrier and a 315 wheel/tire combo on the back as well.

kcroyals1738

Just got the new Rancho 2" performance sport kit installed today. So far in loving it. Running a 2012 JKU with 50k miles on stock before. Huge improvement to ride height, eliminating rake; and overall ride quality. Definitely recommend it.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Just got the new Rancho 2" performance sport kit installed today. So far in loving it. Running a 2012 JKU with 50k miles on stock before. Huge improvement to ride height, eliminating rake; and overall ride quality. Definitely recommend it.

What size tires? Flat/trimmed fenders? Why don't you hit the wave section and introduce yourself and post a few pics of your Jeep?

kcroyals1738

What size tires? Flat/trimmed fenders? Why don't you hit the wave section and introduce yourself and post a few pics of your Jeep?

I'm just running stock tires right now, fixing that next weekend. Ordered some KO2s that will be put on next week.
I'll hit that section of the forum next. I'm still new to all of the posting ha. The threads on this lift helped sell me on it so I wanted to give it a thumbs up on it real quick since there hasn't been a ton on the new version with the all around coils.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Just pulled the trigger on this. I have 315 Duratracs on ATX Cornice wheels sitting in the living room waiting for some love. Q-tec better deliver quickly (considering their West Coast distribution center is local to me). Very excited to test this new kit out.

GraniteCrystal

Just pulled the trigger on this. I have 315 Duratracs on ATX Cornice wheels sitting in the living room waiting for some love. Q-tec better deliver quickly (considering their West Coast distribution center is local to me). Very excited to test this new kit out.
Congrats! I like your wheel choice too

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Nice sharkey! Great wheel and tire choice

Top Bottom