New 2013 JKU rubicon

mrmet1983

im looking at evo kits now and they look sweet but do they sell a full kit it seems like you have to piece it together yourself

MTG

Caught the Bug
wayoflife said:
LOL!! That's actually the first question that I should have asked :D

Having priced out the EVO DTD and EVO lever (with and without an axle upgrade) that's the first question I think of when people say they want the "best." Getting to that is a whole different ball game and rather eye opening for most of us.

mrmet1983

this isnt my first jeep build i totally understand how they become a money pit lol thats why im asking because last time i waisted a lot of money on stuff i ended up replacing so i want to avoid that this time and since i have plenty of money for a dream build i figure go big or go home. The evo kits looks great im just stuck between a coil over set up or a long arm set up maybe even the 4" Lift Kit DoubleD JK Bolt On Long Arm but the more i look the more i think coil over is the right choice for me.what do you guys think is the better setup/kit What problems wil i face with a evo bolt on coil over front and and lever coil over rear ? Im prepared to get new driveshafts all the way around anything else im over looking that i will need for when i put the lift on ? thanks agin for all your input guys i cant wait till i get her all done and can come out west and ride with you guys

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
this isnt my first jeep build i totally understand how they become a money pit lol thats why im asking because last time i waisted a lot of money on stuff i ended up replacing so i want to avoid that this time and since i have plenty of money for a dream build i figure go big or go home.

Unless you plan to drop 30K+ on your build I wouldn't bother with the EVO DTD and EVO Lever and look at the bolt-on coilovers instead.

The evo kits looks great im just stuck between a coil over set up or a long arm set up but the more i look the more i think coil over is the right choice for me.

You can run the coilovers with a long arm set up. Or you can run your stock arms for a while and then upgrade to a long arm.

What problems wil i face with a evo bolt on coil over front and and lever coil over rear ?

Someone else will have to answer that.

Im prepared to get new driveshafts all the way around anything else im over looking that i will need for when i put the lift on ? thanks agin for all your input guys i cant wait till i get her all done and can come out west and ride with you guys

Does your 15K include bumpers, winch, sliders, tire carrier, wheels, tires, under carriage armor, misc assessories, labor if you do not plan on doing the work yourself?

mrmet1983

i will instal myself been a mechanic for 15 years and i like the bolt on kit and the 15000 is a base estimate its not my budget now i dont plan on spending 30k so the new bolt on kit looks like the right set up for me and i will be getting bumpers winch rock sliders the whole nine , i wud probaly want to put on long arms while im instaling the lift what kind of long arms should i go with and are there any kits that sell full upper and lower for front and rear that will fit with evo coilover set up

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The evo kits looks great im just stuck between a coil over set up or a long arm set up maybe even the 4" Lift Kit DoubleD JK Bolt On Long Arm but the more i look the more i think coil over is the right choice for me. what do you guys think is the better setup/kit What problems wil i face with a evo bolt on coil over front and and lever coil over rear ? Im prepared to get new driveshafts all the way around anything else im over looking that i will need for when i put the lift on ? thanks agin for all your input guys i cant wait till i get her all done and can come out west and ride with you guys

What I might recommend is that you get the EVO weld coil over kit with EVO Lever but only with a single 12" coil over. This is more expensive to do than getting the bolt-on kit but, it will a lot cheaper than going full Double Throwdown now and, you can always upgrade to it later without having to get rid of anything - you would literally just be adding triple bypass shocks to what you have. I would do this over long arms for now and then add long arms when you can afford them too. That way, you're always moving forward instead of taking steps back.

i will instal myself been a mechanic for 15 years and i like the bolt on kit and the 15000 is a base estimate its not my budget now i dont plan on spending 30k so the new bolt on kit looks like the right set up for me and i will be getting bumpers winch rock sliders the whole nine , i wud probaly want to put on long arms while im instaling the lift what kind of long arms should i go with and are there any kits that sell full upper and lower for front and rear that will fit with evo coilover set up

Being that you can do the work and welding yourself, that will save you boat loads of money. If you do go EVO coil overs, I would highly recommend that you get the EVO long arms as they're the only ones that come with high clearance brackets and with Johnny Joints on both ends. Their long arm kit comes complete and if you're not seeing that on their website, I would give them a call.

mrmet1983

Thanks so much I think I'm going to do the coil over kit front and back with the long arms as well than maybe add more later on now do I need upper an lower cuz the kit I see is only front lower long arms cuz I plan on doing the coil over kit and long arms in one shot so I don't have to add them later and should I go lever in the rear how hard of an instal is it and wud I than not need rear lower arms

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The EVO long arm kit comes with upper and lower arms and all of the brackets needed to install them. It's what we run on both of our JK's. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so I should get the long arm kit than get seperatw coil overs ? Or get both kits ?

The coil overs replace the coils and shocks that you would normally get with a standard lift kit. You can run them with short arms but, you would be better served running them with long arms. You would need to get the long arms and coil overs kits as they are sold separately and when you do, the pricing will be different as you will not need the coils that would normally come with the long arm kit.

mrmet1983

ahh i got you now so ill get the coil over kit for front and rear than get the long arm kit minus the springs and what not ,which long arm kit do u recommend ? thank you so much for your help cant wait to get this puppy started im like a kid in a candy shop a really bad ass candy shop lol:clap2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ahh i got you now so ill get the coil over kit for front and rear than get the long arm kit minus the springs and what not ,which long arm kit do u recommend ? thank you so much for your help cant wait to get this puppy started im like a kid in a candy shop a really bad ass candy shop lol:clap2:

If you can do the welding or know someone who can help you, I would get the weld in kit as it come with high clearance brackets. :yup:

mackey

mrmet1983 said:
Budget is not a problem I hve about 15000 saved to throw into the jku so money is no issue I just want the best Kit I can get I've got a lifted tj now it's time to upgrade to the jku rubicon so I want to get the best kit I can that will be best for Serious offroading and still hve good ride money is no problem just want the best kit so I'm not kicking myself in the ass a year from now

Well if money is not an issue, definitely go with EVO. Check out their high clearance long arm kit and their double throw down suspension. However those will eat up your 15K rather quick so hope you have a reserve cash stash. Lol

mrmet1983

cash shouldnt be an issue now besides driveshafts any other extras i will need when installing these two kits

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
cash shouldnt be an issue now besides driveshafts any other extras i will need when installing these two kits

With 37" tires or bigger, you'll really want to get some kind of ram assist steering system installed. You'll also need to get a new exhaust as the factory one will have to be removed with the EVO lever. Aside from that, ProRock 60's.

mrmet1983

With 37" tires or bigger, you'll really want to get some kind of ram assist steering system installed. You'll also need to get a new exhaust as the factory one will have to be removed with the EVO lever. Aside from that, ProRock 60's.

ok sounds good to me , shoul di go with the rear lever kit or just the bolt on coil over whats the benefit of having the lever set up in the rear

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ok sounds good to me , shoul di go with the rear lever kit or just the bolt on coil over whats the benefit of having the lever set up in the rear

If you can afford it, get the EVO Lever. It will allow you to have 14" of vertical travel and allow you to upgrade to a full Double Throwdown system without having to go backwards.

mrmet1983

If you can afford it, get the EVO Lever. It will allow you to have 14" of vertical travel and allow you to upgrade to a full Double Throwdown system without having to go backwards.

ok thats sounds awesome , does the lever kit in the rear still need coil overs cuz it looks like they dont use them with the lever set up. And hows the ride on the road with these kits , its not that important to me but wud like as nice of a road ride as i can get

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ok thats sounds awesome , does the lever kit in the rear still need coil overs cuz it looks like they dont use them with the lever set up. And hows the ride on the road with these kits , its not that important to me but wud like as nice of a road ride as i can get

Yes, the EVO Lever is specifically designed to use coil overs and ones that are mounted horizontally. This is why it may look like they don't use them because you can really see them. As far as on road ride goes, I can tell you that it's way better than stock but, you'd have to see it for yourself to believe it. I have mine dialed in so that it's plush but, being that coil overs are totally customizable and adjustable, you can always have them set however you want.

mrmet1983

wayoflife said:
Yes, the EVO Lever is specifically designed to use coil overs and ones that are mounted horizontally. This is why it may look like they don't use them because you can really see them. As far as on road ride goes, I can tell you that it's way better than stock but, you'd have to see it for yourself to believe it. I have mine dialed in so that it's plush but, being that coil overs are totally customizable and adjustable, you can always have them set however you want.

Awesome I can't wait to get going on this, half the fun is the build. I'm def going coil over in front lever in fear withthe long arm high clearance kit also. Can't wait to get wheelin with u guys

Top Bottom