NEW Bestop TrekTop PRO Debuting at the 2014 SEMA Show

Mtsnowjk

Bestop posted info about this on their website today. It looks like something I would buy instead of a hardtop although according to the website we will need to wait until early next year for delivery. I'm curious to hear what it looks like in person at SEMA.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
So basically, has a rigid back half with glass windows. I like the heated rear window. And I'm getting the rear frame comes off easily. Might be a good thing. I just took off my wife's soft top because the rear and side windows suck when iced up in the mornings.
This is the same one correct? I like it.

Attachments

• 1414890457076.jpg
    1414890457076.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 942

rubicrawl

So basically, has a rigid back half with glass windows. I like the heated rear window. And I'm getting the rear frame comes off easily. Might be a good thing. I just took off my wife's soft top because the rear and side windows suck when iced up in the mornings.
This is the same one correct? I like it.

Looks nice but what about if you want to take off the windows and leave the top on I don't think you can do that

JamesWyatt

Easy-open rear window = WIN.

Don't they make the tops for Mopar? Maybe these innovations are a sign of things to come for the 2017 Wrangler.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I like it from a functionality standpoint. I'm not too keen on it from the way it looks. Maybe it will grow on me.

JAGS

Hooked
Swiss army top. Not for me.

I'm leaning with you on this.

Can't quite figure out the target audience for this. Hard top corners, with fabric overlay that doesn't use zipper??? Just not sure I see the problems this top solves.

Not to mention I see a lot of areas for the "top leaking" issues we seem to face with soft/hard tops. And what do you do with the large rigid windows and panels if you decide to go topless?

Im hoping Eddie get some more pics of this in person.

Jaydoc1

So based on the Bestop webpage I am REALLY interested in this top. This might be my all-seasons top. It looks to have a little less pronounced fastback angle which is a bit of a negative for me. I LOVE the pronounced fastback angle of my Trektop NX. But to have a real lift able glass back window with defrost and wiper with all the advantages of the Trektop NX? I'd never put my hardtop on again. I'm sold if the price is remotely decent!

BCjku

I think….

I think this could be really cool. I am very interested. how does it convert to a bikini, where are the breaks etc, how does it improve wind noise and leaks, etc.. and most importantly, price??

BC

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I'm leaning with you on this.

Can't quite figure out the target audience for this. Hard top corners, with fabric overlay that doesn't use zipper??? Just not sure I see the problems this top solves.

Not to mention I see a lot of areas for the "top leaking" issues we seem to face with soft/hard tops. And what do you do with the large rigid windows and panels if you decide to go topless?

Im hoping Eddie get some more pics of this in person.

I was thinking this might be something I'd be interested in, but after further thought I already have a hard top I can put on during the winter months. The regular old trek top nx would be better for me in the summer months.
Nice idea and may fit someone's needs.

UpsideUp

I with you Branman. Putting on the hard top is such a PITA and having to get help makes the idea of going soft top pretty interesting. But when you have to drop $700 for the NX it just falls pretty low on my build list. Now...if I could sell my hard top and my bikini top and find a direct replacement for both, plus have a little decrease in price I would be pretty happy!

Top Bottom