New front axle shafts, 2013 rubicon

Tallon713

Hey all, pretty new to the jeep life. I've had my 13 rubicon almost 2 years, been building her to the best of my knowledge. I want to get new stronger front axle shafts. What do you recommend and why? And yes, as a single parent, price is a factor 😞😞

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all, pretty new to the jeep life. I've had my 13 rubicon almost 2 years, been building her to the best of my knowledge. I want to get new stronger front axle shafts. What do you recommend and why? And yes, as a single parent, price is a factor 😞😞
Honestly, if there's nothing wrong with the shafts you have now, I would save your money and buy new shafts when you actually need them. Up front, just keep an eye on your u-joints to make sure the bearing caps aren't rotating around. Easiest way to do that is to mark them with a paint pen. IF you start to see them rotate, THEN spend the money on new shafts that have full circle clips and have a long warranty. As far as rear shafts go, they should hold up well for a very long time. The most common problem with them is a bent flange. While that can be annoying and a reason to replace them, it's far from something that'll leave you high and dry on the trail. Again, save your money and buy what you need - when you need.

Upvote 0

bmkrinne

Honestly, if there's nothing wrong with the shafts you have now, I would save your money and buy new shafts when you actually need them. Up front, just keep an eye on your u-joints to make sure the bearing caps aren't rotating around. Easiest way to do that is to mark them with a paint pen. IF you start to see them rotate, THEN spend the money on new shafts that have full circle clips and have a long warranty. As far as rear shafts go, they should hold up well for a very long time. The most common problem with them is a bent flange. While that can be annoying and a reason to replace them, it's far from something that'll leave you high and dry on the trail. Again, save your money and buy what you need - when you need.
Solid advice! 👍

Upvote 0

jesse3638

Hooked
^^^This^^^

I went with the US made Revolution front shafts. They come with a lifetime warranty which covers u-joints too.

Upvote 0

Slimebones

I have been happy with the Revolution brand I bought "when" mine needed replacement. Running them for three years now and I get out often.

Upvote 0

Tallon713

Ok, I think I'm gonna listen to the man ( thanks Eddie) and just put some money away for when it's time. Would I be smart to change my u joints now just for good measures? I did chinamans gultch Saturday and I could see me doing something stupid! Lol

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I think I'm gonna listen to the man ( thanks Eddie) and just put some money away for when it's time. Would I be smart to change my u joints now just for good measures? I did chinamans gultch Saturday and I could see me doing something stupid! Lol
I wouldn't even worry about them. Just mark them and keep any eye on bearing cap rotations as mentioned. When that happens, just upgrade your shafts with full circle clips and you'll be good to go.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom