New front driveline

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Honestly you can not go wrong with je reel, Adams, or coast driveshafts. All are great shafts and made with great products.

That being said I run Adams 1310 w/ solid spicer u joints front and rear and have had zero issues so far

jkrichard

Adam's and JE are what seem to be the consensus these days. I run Adam's 1350 severe front/rear on a 4dr, and with proper pinion angle adjustment I have no driveline vibrations to 90mph (fastest I've gone...)
90mph.... that's lunacy..

I ordered the tom woods 1350 driveshaft but cratered my front axle before it was delivered so it's now sitting on my garage floor doing nothing. ... but it looks good.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I got some cash together and want to replace my front driveline I've been looking at the JE REEL right now I have a lift that is netting 3.5 but do want to go to 4" coilovers at some point are there any other companies I should be looking at for the driveline?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've run multiple shafts made by JE Reel and they've always served me well. But then, I never wheel my Jeep or drive very fast so, you can take that for what it's worth. :cool:

90mph.... that's lunacy..

I ordered the tom woods 1350 driveshaft but cratered my front axle before it was delivered so it's now sitting on my garage floor doing nothing. ... but it looks good.

LOL!!

Consider yourself lucky on not installing the Woods shaft. Unless you paid to have the u-joints upgraded, he uses cheap Chinese u-joints standard and I have seen them fail time and time again.

Andy5160

Hooked
I did my homework for quite some time and figured that Adams attracts me the best out of Adams, Coast and JE Reels

However all three are good and will serve you well.

black pearl

Hooked
I think today I'll make a trip to the 4wheel shop and look at the JE REEL and Adams drivelines in person... thank you for all the advice on what has worked for you it's helped

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For the most part, we're just talking about drive shafts. In spite of all the brand loyalty you'll see from guys, they're all pretty much the same. So long as they're balanced well, the only real difference between one to the next is what u-joints are used. I like JE Reel because they use Made in the USA Neapco u-joints STANDARD. Spicer is a good joint too but I don't believe they are 100% made here anymore. Of course, I have in the past and still have shafts made by local shops and to my specifications. Often times, they come out to about the same price.

black pearl

Hooked
For the most part, we're just talking about drive shafts. In spite of all the brand loyalty you'll see from guys, they're all pretty much the same. So long as they're balanced well, the only real difference between one to the next is what u-joints are used. I like JE Reel because they use Made in the USA Neapco u-joints STANDARD. Spicer is a good joint too but I don't believe they are 100% made here anymore. Of course, I have in the past and still have shafts made by local shops and to my specifications. Often times, they come out to about the same price.

This one of those things I really don't want to re-buy I've done that once on this build rather not do it again and having good components will let me wheel with confidence

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I would look for a local driveline shop to build one for you over purchasing one of the "name brands." If you can't find anyone local, I recommend JE Reel. I've used them in the past without trouble and they make quality shafts

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would look for a local driveline shop to build one for you over purchasing one of the "name brands." If you can't find anyone local, I recommend JE Reel. I've used them in the past without trouble and they make quality shafts

Contrary to what some seem to think, drive shafts need to be serviced just like anything else. You can't just by one, install it and forget about it. The biggest benefit of having a local shop build a shaft is that you WILL use them again to re-balance and rebuild your shaft in the future.

GraniteCrystal

Contrary to what some seem to think, drive shafts need to be serviced just like anything else. You can't just by one, install it and forget about it. The biggest benefit of having a local shop build a shaft is that you WILL use them again to re-balance and rebuild your shaft in the future.
About how often do you have it serviced? I have one from a local shop sitting in my garage right now

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

Agreed! Get your shafts serviced[emoji106]

jeffj

Caught the Bug
About how often do you have it serviced? I have one from a local shop sitting in my garage right now

I like to do mine about every 4000 to 5000 miles. I pull the front and rear, because its hard to do a good job with out taking them out.(at least I haven't figured a way).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I'll give a little grease to any point that has a fitting once every oil change. It's not difficult to knock off weights on the trail and that will throw them out of balance. Needless to say, I have them rebalanced as needed. I try to have my shafts rebuilt once every 30k or sooner.

GraniteCrystal

I'll give a little grease to any point that has a fitting once every oil change. It's not difficult to knock off weights on the trail and that will throw them out of balance. Needless to say, I have them rebalanced as needed. I try to have my shafts rebuilt once every 30k or sooner.

I like to do mine about every 4000 to 5000 miles. I pull the front and rear, because its hard to do a good job with out taking them out.(at least I haven't figured a way).

👍👍 thanks. Need to add that to the routine.

black pearl

Hooked
I pulled the trigger on the JE REEL should be here in a few days... as said about maintenance I'm good about up keep on the jeep and will use the local driveline shop to do needed work to the driveline when needed

Top Bottom