New Gears and Shafts and more, now new vib at 60mph

JAGS

Hooked
You picked this up from him asking if everything was re-torqued? Impressive.

I've known Ms. Negative Nancy for a while now and he's never said my jeep should be like his. Or anybody else's as far as I know. He does want my coilovers though so maybe he wants his jeep to be like mine. Or maybe he wants mine to be like his without the coilovers? I'm confused now.

Any chance he was trying to help the OP and his situation? Like when he answered your question about your sound bar?

Welcome to Wayalife!

OJKs bite is bigger than his bark. Maybe it's the New Yorker in him. :thinking: Getting people's panties in a bunch is what he strives for. Looks like another success or two here. :thumb:

I will also add, he shares some helpful info, when not patrolling for tools.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
You picked this up from him asking if everything was re-torqued? Impressive.

I've known Ms. Negative Nancy for a while now and he's never said my jeep should be like his. Or anybody else's as far as I know. He does want my coilovers though so maybe he wants his jeep to be like mine. Or maybe he wants mine to be like his without the coilovers? I'm confused now.

Any chance he was trying to help the OP and his situation? Like when he answered your question about your sound bar?

Welcome to Wayalife!

"Yes I love jeepin on a budget because I can show my driving skills more that others with coil overs and shit"

Don't wanna start an argument, I'll admit I got served

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Just like anyone else on the forum, some posts that are read on the forum just grind my gears, need to learn to keep my trap shut.

Rubiwho

Anyway, back to my OP. DS are new, 200 miles, think I can return them and upgrade to 1350 or get $ back, since they vibrate... Who is expected to pay for the rebalance?

JAGS

Hooked
Anyway, back to my OP. DS are new, 200 miles, think I can return them and upgrade to 1350 or get $ back, since they vibrate... Who is expected to pay for the rebalance?

As a customer (no experience with Tom woods) I would call and say the DS is faulty and demand money back or dollars toward upgraded 1350. Not sure how realistic that is, but that would my first attempt at resolution.

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog

Well u of course. If you ship them back it'll cost u, if you take them to a driveline shop they'd cost you. I'd ship them back and upgrade, hopefully you get 1350's that are balanced.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

A rebalance typically costs about $45. At least, that's how much I pay my local shop. If Tom is willing to pay to have your shaft shipped back to him so that he can take care of this, I say do it. Otherwise, I might just deal with it and call it a day. Maybe have some Neapco or spicer joints installed while you're at it.

Maybe try removing the front shaft and driving without it. See if the vibration changes.

I can almost guarantee that it will go away if you pull the shaft.

Tcdawg

Eh, just call chinawoods for u-joints and keep a crate of em in your jeep for backups.:thumb::cheesy:

Keeping a bagful of them usually won't help. When my gold seal joint went it took out the entire double carden joint and the TC yoke. Not cool.

OP if you do end up sending them back to get a different item, ask for spicer U joints.

Rubiwho

Ok one last time before I stop beating this dead horse.
So swapping and upgrading U Joints and balancing the Driveshaft, am I still sub par to my factory shafts? Wouldn't I do better putting stock ones back on if their stronger? Is there any benefit to having the TW 1310's that are on it over stock?

ttfhell

So swapping and upgrading U Joints and balancing the Driveshaft, am I still sub par to my factory shafts? Wouldn't I do better putting stock ones back on if their stronger? Is there any benefit to having the TW 1310's that are on it over stock?

The 1310 in the front is thinner than stock and won't hit your crossmember like stock would. Also it is serviceable where the stock one isn't. The stock joint cant handle the angle put on it by your lift.
The rear was probably good until it died from not being able to service it, which could be months or years.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Sure there is. Being that you have a 2014, your factory front drive shaft would get ruined the first time you flex your Jeep as the slip shaft boot makes contact with your exhaust cross over. That and the steep angle it will now sit in due to your lift will cause the CV boot to fail sooner than later. A 1310 shaft will address both issues.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I've been waiting to say something. Negative Nancy wants everyone else's jeep to be like his. I don't know everything, but what I do know is that every Jeep should be different, the trails would definitely be boring if they all were the same.

LOL! :cheesy:

Be sure to post up anymore questions you have and ill be sure to respond ASAP to tell you how to build your jeep like mine.

:thinking:

Top Bottom