New Gladiator 3.0 Diesel

sugarbear_jt

Finally, after close to 5 months, it arrived!

I've moved most of my accessories over from my old Gladiator (Mojave) - and have just a few things left, but the weather is cold and I'm being a wimp. lol. I did get the important stuff over though.

So far I have a 3" Rock Krawler lift; with Falcon 2.1 Shocks, an Addictive Desert Designs Stealth front bumper, and a Rough Country 12k winch. I've also added my Quake LED taillights, and some GoRhino rock slider/steps. The dealer swapped over my tonneau cover, wheels and tires, rear air-bags, and my driver seat extension (moves the seat back 6").

I also have the Wayalife CB bar, which I will hopefully move over this coming weekend, and a ARB compression still to mount. I have a few other things that will wait for Springtime.

I gotta say, the diesel is an amazing engine. I've only had it for a week and a half; but have done some short road trips, totaling about 500 km (300 miles). Amazing on the highway and I am really in love with this thing. I am hoping to get out this weekend and do some snow-wheeling and give it a good test off-road.

This is my favorite vehicle by far that I've ever owned. I can't wait to get out this Spring and go off-roading (my wife has a Wrangler), and also do some camping and riding (dual sport motorcycles and mountain bike). For me at least; it is the ultimate Do-It-All rig.

20231228_151714.jpg20231228_151802.jpg20231228_151835.jpg

Nice! Let us know how that Diesel holds up - I'd still prefer the 3.0 in a JT even though it was only around for 3 years.

Nice looking JT. Would love to have a diesel if I knew my wife would remember to use diesel and def haha
Yeah... I tell my wife if she uses it to grab the green pump.... Problem is she keeps asking if she should use the green pump on her Acura MDX. .. Facepalm..

I am still trying to figure out why they have the pump with green handles for Diesel. Last I checked it was not necessarily a "green" thing and it is not always a green handle.

Although, since I am in Kommie Kalifornia, I can always tell her to use the pump nozzle without the vapor catch rubber on it.

Just an FYI, the temperature here in Northern Alberta has been brutal the past few days. Friday when I went to work it was -40 c / -40 f. I do have a block-heater, and it was plugged in. No issues at all with the diesel in the cold weather so far at all. Love this rig.

Just an FYI, the temperature here in Northern Alberta has been brutal the past few days. Friday when I went to work it was -40 c / -40 f. I do have a block-heater, and it was plugged in. No issues at all with the diesel in the cold weather so far at all. Love this rig.
Just remember if it were an EV those temps would cause the BMS on the battery to cut off to insure that you do not damage the battery trying to charge discharge under freezing.

Top Bottom