New Member - Hello from Sacramento CA

SharkByte

Hello all,

Just joined Wayalife! Bought my first Jeep last weekend. It is a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock. I figured if I was going to buy one I would start out with something that could be used for more than just grabbing groceries... I have always wanted a 4x4 and I can't wait to get out into the backcountry!

I am trying to find out what good trails are near my home to take my wife out on for our first 4x4 excursion. (No not the Ruibicon trail just yet). Need to find something mellow so as to get into this slowly. I don't want to be one of those nubes that buys the Jeep and roles it...

If there are any ideas out there for a first good trail to take in the Northern California area please feel free to let me know.

I look forward to being part of the Jeep Wayalife family!

Welcome to WAL from Oklahoma! My Wife and Kids enjoy it as much as I do. You and your Wife will have a blast!

Welcome from Northern Nevada!! If you get some time come over the hill into Carson/Reno area we have a lot of good trails.

Welcome to WAL, From Reno! Like NV JK Steve said, come on over the hill, there are a lot of trails with varying degrees up here in the mountains

Welcome from Oakley and a fellow Hard Rock owner. There's a lot of exploring to be done and good trails besides the Rubicon up in the Sierras. Lots of snow this year so right now a lot of trails are inaccessible. Slick Rock is a good, fairly challenging one for a stock Rubicon but there's trails for all levels up there. There's a cool book called Backcountry Adventures for Northern California by Peter Massey and Jeanne Wilson. You should check it out. It's not going to show you the hard trails but it will get you into some cool areas.

Welcome from Oakley and a fellow Hard Rock owner. There's a lot of exploring to be done and good trails besides the Rubicon up in the Sierras. Lots of snow this year so right now a lot of trails are inaccessible. Slick Rock is a good, fairly challenging one for a stock Rubicon but there's trails for all levels up there. There's a cool book called Backcountry Adventures for Northern California by Peter Massey and Jeanne Wilson. You should check it out. It's not going to show you the hard trails but it will get you into some cool areas.

Thank you Speedy! I will definitely pick up the book! [emoji3]

Top Bottom