New noise

fiend

Caught the Bug
Well it turns out it wasn’t a bearing. Just the belt going bad. I figured it out when I splashed a little water on the belt and the sound went away briefly, then came back once the water dried up. I installed a spare belt and now the sound is gone.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well it turns out it wasn’t a bearing. Just the belt going bad. I figured it out when I splashed a little water on the belt and the sound went away briefly, then came back once the water dried up. I installed a spare belt and now the sound is gone.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

LOL!! Best kind of fix there is. If you haven't used one before, I would highly recommend a Continental Gatorback belt. Used to be made by Goodyear but same thing. Excellent for a quite running belt.

fiend

Caught the Bug
LOL!! Best kind of fix there is. If you haven't used one before, I would highly recommend a Continental Gatorback belt. Used to be made by Goodyear but same thing. Excellent for a quite running belt.

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll order one of those. [emoji1303]

Ironically it’s the Gates belt that came with my PSC kit that went bad. The spare, back on now, was the OE Mopar belt.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Lol. Glad it was simple. My dad always told me that a service tech's worst enemy is himself. Always look at the easy stuff first. [emoji106]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Sound advice. When the new idler bearing did nothing, I was trying to get excited about dropping $2-300 for a new alternator, hoping but not sure that would be the fix. Thankfully it was just the belt. [emoji28]

BaddestCross

Sound advice. When the new idler bearing did nothing, I was trying to get excited about dropping $2-300 for a new alternator, hoping but not sure that would be the fix. Thankfully it was just the belt. [emoji28]

With everything you've had to deal with the last few months, I don't blame you for expecting the worst from the jump. Hopefully this is the last issue you need to deal with so you can enjoy your Moab trip. 🍻

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

fiend

Caught the Bug
With everything you've had to deal with the last few months, I don't blame you for expecting the worst from the jump. Hopefully this is the last issue you need to deal with so you can enjoy your Moab trip. [emoji482]

--

Yeah thanks man. Just comes with the territory. Hopefully she’ll hold up for Moab.

Gonna miss the crew on this trip, but we’ll get together on the Rubicon for sure!

Moab is going to be great, but so is Rubicon. Looking forward to both! And Fordyce .... [emoji51]

jdofmemi

Glad you got another problem behind you.

Hopefully the Gremlins give you a break for a while so you can enjoy all the work you have done.

It sounds like I may be able to make it to Moab, at least for part of the time. Hope to see you there.

Top Bottom