New Rig - Silver Bullet - DTD, 60/80, 40’s....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I’ll give you 1,500 for it when you can’t get it running.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You’re going to come up and finish it when I can’t get it running.

Be careful with the fuel line connections..

Already have extras just for that reason. [emoji1303]

So what you’re saying is that you are just ok with doing engine swaps...

That’s giving me a little too much credit. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
Good luck, man. Make it happen and stay safe. And have fun finding a storage spot for the hoist when you're all done.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
How anyone does this shit without child labor is beyond me. You need some small fucking hands that have the strength of Arnold in his hay day.

Just need to disconnect exhaust and some more wiring and it should be ready to pull.

IMG_9095.jpg

Power steering pump can suck my balls.

59985202155__66AECCD1-9D26-43C8-B253-7D22139E1922.jpg

CalSgt

Hooked
How anyone does this shit without child labor is beyond me. You need some small fucking hands that have the strength of Arnold in his hay day.

Just need to disconnect exhaust and some more wiring and it should be ready to pull.

Just keep at it & call it dirty words to establish dominance, looks like you've made good progress

Bullwinckle

Hooked

Looks like your getting a lot done. Just keep saying to yourself it will be worth it in the end. lol [emoji38]

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Had to do my chores for a couple hours. Back at it. Just need to unbolt from the trans and pull this biotch.

IMG_9096.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Looking good. You think you'll be able to slide it up and out with the radiator still in there?

I’m gonna try. If I can get the trans bolts out. What a bitch.

I should be able to I’m hoping. I can always let the air out of the tires to lower it down some more if I need to. Worse comes to worse I’ll pop the radiator out. It’s only a couple bolts at this point.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I should be able to I’m hoping. I can always let the air out of the tires to lower it down some more if I need to. Worse comes to worse I’ll pop the radiator out. It’s only a couple bolts at this point.

That looks like quite the project. Are you going to rebuild the one your pulling out for a spare or is this the last v6 for it?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That looks like quite the project. Are you going to rebuild the one your pulling out for a spare or is this the last v6 for it?

This is for sure the last V6. I found the issue I was having. Wish I had found it before because I would have pulled the motor yet.

The PCV hose disconnected from the rubber coupler at the back of the motor.

WJCO

Meme King

Hardest part of pulling any engine it seems. Those things suck to get to. Sometimes dropping the trans mount down helps to tilt the motor but it's just more steps to do.

The PCV hose disconnected from the rubber coupler at the back of the motor.

Yeah that’s where the oil came from.

Install a catch can back there :cheesy:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hardest part of pulling any engine it seems. Those things suck to get to. Sometimes dropping the trans mount down helps to tilt the motor but it's just more steps to do.

Install a catch can back there :cheesy:

I looked online a bit and saw some people disconnected the motor mounts first and hooked up the engine to the hoist and lowered it slowly to get to the back on the motor. I’ll try that tomorrow.

Top Bottom