New Rig - Silver Bullet - DTD, 60/80, 40’s....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Holy hell, totally sucks that you need to swap in a new motor to find the real problem. Well, guess you've got a spare now :crazyeyes:

Hardest part of pulling any engine it seems. Those things suck to get to. Sometimes dropping the trans mount down helps to tilt the motor but it's just more steps to do.

Yup, lowering the trans helps big time to get to the bolts.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Holy hell, totally sucks that you need to swap in a new motor to find the real problem. Well, guess you've got a spare now :crazyeyes:

Yup, lowering the trans helps big time to get to the bolts.

That’s what I’ll do today. I was hoping I could get away without taking the skids and driveshaft off and be a little lazy but that didn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s what I’ll do today. I was hoping I could get away without taking the skids and driveshaft off and be a little lazy but that didn’t work.

Yeah, can’t say that’s ever worked for me. Unfortunately, you really do have to do all the extra work.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Sometimes with a swivel socket and a long extension you can get the top bolts from overtop the trans without having to lower it.

A.J.

Little late now I guess but it seems like it would be easier to pull radiator and front clip then pull engine/trans together?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Little late now I guess but it seems like it would be easier to pull radiator and front clip then pull engine/trans together?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Was trying to avoid pulling the trans if I can. It’s not really needed.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You may be able to get a little extra from your hoist if you choke up on the chains a bit... Says the guy sitting on his ass looking at pictures of your work

100% correct. I thought about that after the weight of the motor was suspended already lol

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Pulled the front clip. What a bitch those top two bolts on the trans are. Good thing my girlfriend has small hands.

IMG_9105.jpg
IMG_9107.jpg
IMG_9108.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I actually look forward to pulling the motor on the DJ. It will be way easier than the fucking JK.

Adjustments.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
One big hurtle done, that’s a hell of a day

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Part of two days really.

Fuck that looks scary. [emoji15] I’d attempt it though too. Fingers crossed it starts right up hassle free.

Hopefully. Couple wires and pieces I need to replace that broke or were cut when installing. Hopefully shouldn’t be too hard though.

Congrats on getting it out.

Thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WooHoo!! Nice to see you making some real progress. Thank goodness that Tina was able to help as well. :thumb:

Top Bottom