New symptom to old problem

why are the codes showing?

Evap issue. I can clear the codes for it and all will be just fine for a week or so then it starts with just the gas cap light then a few days later goes to total system failure. I doubt if the two issues are related though I could be wrong there too.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ok first off i agree with eddie because the dealership can pick up on "soft codes". and as far as replacing all of those components you may have been hasty on doing so because you dont even know if they were causing the problem, the spark plugs need an ignition scoping, as well as the coil packs, the o2 sensors need to be graphed after they are warmed up with a good scan tool, the map sensor needs to be scoped and visually inspected. now if a computer is going out it wont throw codes (99% of the time the 1% they will throw every code known to man) but one way to discover that is to see if it links to a scan tool. also you need to find out the evap leak if there is even one. emissions are so sensitive on these newer cars that with some it can shut the engine down, if its your gas cap look at the o-ring and then replace it if its cracked or even nicked, cheap part easy solution. but you cant do much until you have the whole thing scanned for ALL codes.

I swear I'm going to trade it for an old CJ that doesn't need a stealership to tell me what's wrong with it,lol.

I swear I'm going to trade it for an old CJ that doesn't need a stealership to tell me what's wrong with it,lol.

have fun adjusting the timing and changing the jets in the carb every time you change elevation by more then 1000 feet :yup:

Actually found a stealership within a hundred miles that will answer the phone (Madera) and they have time to scan MumboJumbo while I wait. At least their response to it being a modified vehicle wasn't "what do you want US to do with it?", as if its below them to work on it, like the clowns at Clovis did to me a couple weeks ago.

So.. it's on the computer right now and the service advisor says they only going to charge me an hour for diagnostics. They are also going to do the fuel line check valve recall no questions asked, and as far as I can tell there's nothing wrong with the original one. The Mrs is already eyeballing a Jeep "Car" liberty POS thing and and working her way out of a home for the night,lol.

So.. it's on the computer right now and the service advisor says they only going to charge me an hour for diagnostics. They are also going to do the fuel line check valve recall no questions asked, and as far as I can tell there's nothing wrong with the original one. The Mrs is already eyeballing a Jeep "Car" liberty POS thing and and working her way out of a home for the night,lol.

Lol steer her towards a red jkur and then tell her its for your newly adopted son tiggy:thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my whatchamacallit

Lol steer her towards a red jkur and then tell her its for your newly adopted son tiggy:thumbup::thumbup:

They only have 4 on the lot today. And none are red, only black and white. They said they can't keep the lifted ones, they sell too fast. Go figure.

They only have 4 on the lot today. And none are red, only black and white. They said they can't keep the lifted ones, they sell too fast. Go figure.

You don't love me!!! And now I scream child abuse :cheesy:

and the double jeopardy answer is??
you could also get a 2nd JK, white and plastidip to any color you like :beer:

Top Bottom