New symptom to old problem

It wasn't flashed, it was updated. Tuner was uninstalled for it and reinstalled after I left the dealership. Have since tuned 2 different settings, currently set at 87, doesn't have the spunk 91 has but isn't knocking either.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lee..... You are running 91 octane when you are programmed on the high power setting right??? Your pinging(preignition) is probably directly related to not having a high octane gas in your rig.

For those who don't know.....

Preignition is when the fuel mixture in the cylinder ignites BEFORE the spark, while the cylinder is still on the compression stroke. This makes a ping or a rattle noise like you are describing and is not good. Your engine is literally fighting itself.. Preignition can be caused from several different factors- high compression, high heat, advanced timing (like what your power programmer is doing), or lean air/fuel ratio..

I certainly hope you are running premium in that bad boy if you've for it programmed for premium!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Lee..... You are running 91 octane when you are programmed on the high power setting right??? Your pinging(preignition) is probably directly related to not having a high octane gas in your rig.

For those who don't know.....

Preignition is when the fuel mixture in the cylinder ignites BEFORE the spark, while the cylinder is still on the compression stroke. This makes a ping or a rattle noise like you are describing and is not good. Your engine is literally fighting itself.. Preignition can be caused from several different factors- high compression, high heat, advanced timing (like what your power programmer is doing), or lean air/fuel ratio..

I certainly hope you are running premium in that bad boy if you've for it programmed for premium!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

^^^^^ what he said!

Sent from my whatchamacallit

Top Bottom