New-to-me 2008 JKU, help me identify lift, broken coil spring

plext0r

I notice there appear to be two Crown companies selling stainless steel brake lines for the JKU, Crown Performance and Crown Automotive. Which one is recommended and why? The Crown Performance set of 4 lines is 30% more expensive than the Crown Automotive ones and I'd like to understand any differences. They both state they are useful up to 6" of lift.

Crown Performance

Crown Automotive

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I notice there appear to be two Crown companies selling stainless steel brake lines for the JKU, Crown Performance and Crown Automotive. Which one is recommended and why? The Crown Performance set of 4 lines is 30% more expensive than the Crown Automotive ones and I'd like to understand any differences. They both state they are useful up to 6" of lift.

Crown Performance

Crown Automotive

Well I'm going to guess that they are the same company and that the performance is more than you'll need. I'd get the less expensive ones.

plext0r

Last night we got the front back on the ground with the new springs, shocks and front LCAs. Tightening the LCAs to 125 crushed the thin 9/16" washers, but the new 3/16" thick washers are arriving today so we'll pop those in tonight.

Finally started working on the rear, got the shocks off and tried removing the rear sway bar links to drop the axle as far as possible and hopefully remove the springs with compressing them. Sway bar end links are rusted in place. Since they appear to be stock and never lengthened for the lift, I'm considering ordering a cheap pair (i.e. Rubicon Express) or something better (i.e. Rock Krawler). Not sure my rear sway bar needs much love, so why spend $90 vs. $30? :)

plext0r

I'm happy to report that after 8 nights in the garage, my son's 2008 JKU was able to be driven on its new shocks, coil springs and front LCAs. It is amazing how well it drives compared to before. The first thing we drove over was a speed bump in the neighborhood and we almost didn't feel it. The previous coils (rough country) were so stiff you would get jostled around on minor bumps.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to write up instructions, offer tips and guidance, etc. We could not have done it without you. I went from never working on my vehicles to replacing a bunch of suspension parts in the matter of 8 days (plus research time). :rock:

thardy

Banned
I'm happy to report that after 8 nights in the garage, my son's 2008 JKU was able to be driven on its new shocks, coil springs and front LCAs. It is amazing how well it drives compared to before. The first thing we drove over was a speed bump in the neighborhood and we almost didn't feel it. The previous coils (rough country) were so stiff you would get jostled around on minor bumps.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to write up instructions, offer tips and guidance, etc. We could not have done it without you. I went from never working on my vehicles to replacing a bunch of suspension parts in the matter of 8 days (plus research time). :rock:

Awesome news! Congrats man! Pictures!!!

Top Bottom