NEW TV Show - One Car too Far

mjhau02

Jaydoc, if you will read my first post I also suggested that Eddie and Cindy would do a better job. All I was referring to with the junior member comment is that I also should not "stir it up" as a junior member. I don't think what you said was wrong...to each their own. This show is probably not my favorite either. I just like talking about Jeep Life. Sorry if I offended you.

Jaydoc1

Jaydoc, if you will read my first post I also suggested that Eddie and Cindy would do a better job. All I was referring to with the junior member comment is that I also should not "stir it up" as a junior member. I don't think what you said was wrong...to each their own. This show is probably not my favorite either. I just like talking about Jeep Life. Sorry if I offended you.

No offense taken or intended. Roll Tide!

mmccurdy

:thinking: My comments were directed towards the show, not any of you. Sorry, thought the same sort of discussions with opposing and differing viewpoints as on jk-forum.com went on here too.

Yeah sorry about that... I realize that came across as being pretty harsh. I'm probably overly sensitive to folks coming out of the woodwork just to troll/flame, which I don't think adds much to the conversation, and since it was your first post it had that feel. Obviously it wasn't meant that way, so welcome to the board :beer:

BONDSY

So from the broke axle shaft episode, does not the rear TJ axle shaft have the same bearing and retainer plates that JK's have? I guess the pressed bearing slipped somehow?

Last edited:

JeepFan

Hooked
So from the broke axle shaft episode, does not the rear TJ axle shaft have the same bearing and retainer plates that JK's have? I guess the pressed bearing slipped somehow?

The old TJ Dana35's use an axle shaft C clip in the diff to hold the axle in. Extremely weak point on these types of axles. :yup:

kaptkrappy

The old TJ Dana35's use an axle shaft C clip in the diff to hold the axle in. Extremely weak point on these types of axles. :yup:

So their offroad expert (Bill Wu) is driving around with "gernade" Dana 35's under him.

I don't know crap, but I know I'm not going wheeling like that with Dana 35's. :naw:

StrizzyChris

So their offroad expert (Bill Wu) is driving around with "gernade" Dana 35's under him.

I don't know crap, but I know I'm not going wheeling like that with Dana 35's. :naw:

I think the whole point is they are dropped into nowhere with a close to stock vehicle with only minor(i.e. winch, mild lift, tires) mods and try to get out...throwing a PR under her would really stretch that objective

kaptkrappy

I think the whole point is they are dropped into nowhere with a close to stock vehicle with only minor(i.e. winch, mild lift, tires) mods and try to get out...throwing a PR under her would really stretch that objective

You know Chris, You are right.

It is a show (reality) about surviving ultra harsh conditions and your average Joe watches it and sees 2 guys and a very capable machine that helps them get out of trouble.

I think some of us are critical of this show because we (Jeep lovers) want to see the Jeep win !

Jaydoc1

mjhau02 said:
Jaydoc....this will be a fun ride. I see you are as sarcastic as I am. No hard feelings here....

Sarcasm often doesn't come across well on the Internet. I really am harmless and a wonderful human being, as well. Just ask me.

mjhau02

Haven't watched yet, but I propose a new name for the show...."One JEEP in DEEP"...it would go over much better with the Jeep people. What do you think?

Drumr90

mjhau02 said:
Haven't watched yet, but I propose a new name for the show...."One JEEP in DEEP"...it would go over much better with the Jeep people. What do you think?

I like it someone call discovery.

Toneman

Anyone like the home made spark plug wire and throttle cable.

I would have never thought to to that with the throttle cable. Scripted or not, they have shown some pretty interesting things that if you ended up finding yourself in that particular situation, might come useful. :twocents:

mjhau02

Haven't watched this weeks yet, but there have been some good ideas...like you said scripted or not.

Top Bottom