NEW TV Show - One Car too Far

MTG

Caught the Bug
honestly, i'm sure ALL of it was scripted down to the annoying comments. it's a show and far from reality - i understand that and like you, hope it helps to make more shows like this possible.

Wait, what?! Are you telling me that reality TV is not really reality? :eek:

mjhau02

Glad this started some conversation. Reality shows are a dime a dozen now a days. I just like the fact that there is something I like on it....JEEP! My wife says I am obssesed. See JEEP Dysmorphic Disorder Thread. I think that thread was created for all of us here...Am I wrong in thinking that?:doh:

mmccurdy

Having watched the whole thing, I definitely found it entertaining. Only a couple things really bugged me. They were definitely not treading lightly -- not that I think it's a huge issue for one isolated vehicle in the middle of the Chilean jungle, but it does send a certain message to its entirely US audience. The only other thing that really had me cringing was when the Bear Grylls guy was crawling all over the winch line under tension and sticking his head under the "car" while it was teetering on those logs. Totally unnecessary of course, and not even especially "dramatic" for the average viewer who probably doesn't understand the risks involved.

I've also taken to calling the show "David and Bear Go Wheeling" since really you can't deny the likeness ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
steak steak steak steak steak!! i'm HUNGRY!! man, i'm so hungry. oh my god, i'm sure he was scripted to say a lot of this but really - do they have to make that wu guy so annoying??

finally watched the whole thing and have to say, so much for treading lightly. it made me cringe to see them hacking their way and driving through what was supposed to be a dense, untouched rain forest, without any regard to anything and with no other purpose than to get back on pavement, in an arbitrary amount of time and didn't even offer a prize for success or real consequence if they failed to meet that time limit. i'm not saying that i didn't find the show interesting, but i am concerned about the message it may send to people who don't wheel. as it is now, we already get hate from people who are angry that we post up videos of our jeeps, wheeling responsibly on designated trails and that have existed over 100 years. but hey, what do i know.

Drumr90

I just watched it the website for discovery. Man i had no idea how much a stock jeep could really do with just a winch and tires. Wow it just amazes me. Lol

DManuel

Steak, steak, steak. I agree with WOL and others on the tread lightly concerns. The show will just add fuel to the fire for some. My wife and I thought it was cheesy but enjoyed the adventure. The DVR is set for the next episode. Now, time to search the web and find a I❤WU hat.dde04

mjhau02

The I love WU hat was hilarious. I thought WU was going to kill the british guy when he took his piece of fish. He saw red!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
it's so funny that most everything i hear about this show goes something like, it was cheezy, silly or something along those line and then is promptly followed by, "i'll be watching it next week" :crazyeyes:

Hell_Fire

Finally got time to watch an episode, hmmmmmm cheezy is the word lol Bear Grylls will kick the survival guys ass :D and WU should star in the next Fast And Fenderless movie ;) But still good for a laugh and the Jeep made it out in one piece. Yes I did say JEEP NOT CAR!!!!!!!:bleh:

StrizzyChris

The first one was just hillarious. I liked that Wu was constantly standing on the door sill and talking to the survival expert as he wades through the marsh with snakes and bugs. :cheesy:

mjhau02

A little hard to believe how they got out of this one. Let me know what you all think, but try not to spoil for those who haven't watched. Funny...if nothing else.

Top Bottom