New wheels!

pop2tu

Do they come In a non black version?
Would you still have to put the bead ring on if you're using the normal bead seat?

I saw these at the Off-Road Expo at Pomona last year. They had tires mounted on the normal bead, and you could see a gap between the tire and bead lock ring of almost 1/2 inch. I asked about running without ring and salesman said he would advise against it to keep from getting sand and gravel in the bolt holes!

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Those Button head allen bolts could be the same PITA that the AEV are. I have a set of AEV beadlocks, happy with the wheels etc but the bolts suck big time as they are soft stainless and round off after retorquing a couple of times...on the AEV they can be changed to hex bolts or others but on those, with the depth of the recess, i'd be a bit wary.

japatton

Those are nice looking wheels! I think they are the same wheels Jeep used on the Red Rock on display at SEMA.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454639050.588922.jpg

stevewix

These wheels are great. I just mounted a full set of 37x12.5x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on some this week. My previous experience is with AEV's beadlocks. Lightest weight to balance was 1oz, heaviest was 3.25oz. (!)

Mopar Beadlocks
Pros:
hex-head bolts make torqueing a snap with no wear to the fastener (vs soft AEV SS button-head allen bolts)
centering lip is deeper than AEV making the tire much easier to mount correctly.
no lip to catch mud or debris
Factory appearance, 4.4" backspacing lessens strain of axle flanges, axle tubes, ball joints and steering system (compared to 3.5"bs)
They balance extremely well
Lock rings and wheels appear to be powdercoated very nicely

Cons:
Hex head bolts aren't countersunk and are made of carbon steel.
lock ring bolts are threaded blind
on 3 wheels every lock ring bolt needed to have the powdercoating cleared out with a chasing tap. One wheel needed nothing, last wheel needed to have three bolt holes cleaned up.

All-in-all, I must say I'm impressed. This is a quality wheel at a price that's competitive at MSRP.

IMG_20160215_203432167.jpg

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
These wheels are great. I just mounted a full set of 37x12.5x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on some this week. My previous experience is with AEV's beadlocks. Lightest weight to balance was 1oz, heaviest was 3.25oz. (!)

Mopar Beadlocks
Pros:
hex-head bolts make torqueing a snap with no wear to the fastener (vs soft AEV SS button-head allen bolts)
centering lip is deeper than AEV making the tire much easier to mount correctly.
no lip to catch mud or debris
Factory appearance, 4.4" backspacing lessens strain of axle flanges, axle tubes, ball joints and steering system (compared to 3.5"bs)
They balance extremely well
Lock rings and wheels appear to be powdercoated very nicely

Cons:
Hex head bolts aren't countersunk and are made of carbon steel.
lock ring bolts are threaded blind
on 3 wheels every lock ring bolt needed to have the powdercoating cleared out with a chasing tap. One wheel needed nothing, last wheel needed to have three bolt holes cleaned up.

All-in-all, I must say I'm impressed. This is a quality wheel at a price that's competitive at MSRP.

Don't tease us man - let's see 'em!

303jkpatriot

They look great Steviewix. Trailjeeps posted a pic of a set of these a few weeks back and I think they are definitely one of the next items on my list.

stevewix

There's an optional trim ring if not installing as a beadlock

There are two part numbers out there for the wheel assembly. Source citation/Instructions: https://mopar.chromedata.com/RichContent/CDJR/K6862111.pdf

77072326AB is for Jeep. Comes with a Jeep center cap and functional beadlock ring with longer bolts.
82214348AB is for Ram. Comes with a Ram center cap and cosmetic trim ring with shorter bolts.

Part number for the lock ring is 68264942AA, hardware is 06506334AA 25qty per wheel.

Part number for the trim ring is 68264944AA, hardware is 06504438 25 qty per wheel

Last edited:
I actually just saw those on a 4 door Rubicon today. The Jeep was white and so were the rings on the wheel. I think they are awesome!

stevewix

Photo

Wheeled it a little this past weekend, thought I'd share a pic. Rear rubs the back of the wheel well under full stuff, front rubs the crawler conceptz bumper (dammit!) when fully stuffed. No other contact anywhere. IMG_20160221_153204.jpg

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
There are two part numbers out there for the wheel assembly. Source citation/Instructions: https://mopar.chromedata.com/RichContent/CDJR/K6862111.pdf

77072326AB is for Jeep. Comes with a Jeep center cap and functional beadlock ring with longer bolts.
82214348AB is for Ram. Comes with a Ram center cap and cosmetic trim ring with shorter bolts.

Part number for the lock ring is 68264942AA, hardware is 06506334AA 25qty per wheel.

Part number for the trim ring is 68264944AA, hardware is 06504438 25 qty per wheel

Hi,
do you have any idea of what the bolt size are for the ring (I curently have AEV beadlocks and am plagued by their SS buttonhead allen bolts they are 5/16 - 18 X 1)
Thinking of swapping them if they are carbonsteel.

Top Bottom