New wheels!

stevewix

Looking good man! How bad was the rub in the rear any pics?

It wasn't bad, and I could shorten the rear UCA .25" and take care of most of the contact. I'm going to wait until I actually articulate it that far (on the trail) before I make that determination. So far it hasn't happened. The difference in height of articulation between the 4door and 2 door is amazing.

Update: One of the thread holes stripped while retorquing the lock rings. Mopar is replacing under warranty.

Last edited:

arahambone

Installed without Beadlock

Hey folks,

Anyone have these installed without the beadlock and with the trim ring? I can't find the trim ring anywhere and in the normal tire set that lip is going to be horrible.

Also in a normal tire set, what's the max size these will fit? I'm hoping 35s

Thanks,
Ara

TeamFaust

Wheeled it a little this past weekend, thought I'd share a pic. Rear rubs the back of the wheel well under full stuff, front rubs the crawler conceptz bumper (dammit!) when fully stuffed. No other contact anywhere. View attachment 189233

Absolutely look great. What is your lift? Given the rubbing sounds like an option for a little less backspacing would be good. Although it sounds like Mopar was only considering for a 35" tire. So for your 37s you gonna a small spacer or try to make some back suspension and maybe front steering stop nut adjustments?

swampdog

Absolutely look great. What is your lift? Given the rubbing sounds like an option for a little less backspacing would be good. Although it sounds like Mopar was only considering for a 35" tire. So for your 37s you gonna a small spacer or try to make some back suspension and maybe front steering stop nut adjustments?

The problem isn't with backspacing based on what he says he is rubbing on (front bumper and rear body). This is the result of tire size and having a front bumper that intrudes on the wheel well and a rear body seem that needs to be trimmed.

TeamFaust

The problem isn't with backspacing based on what he says he is rubbing on (front bumper and rear body). This is the result of tire size and having a front bumper that intrudes on the wheel well and a rear body seem that needs to be trimmed.

Yep, I get that with the front (bumper end too intrusive), but I read "the back of the rear wheel well" not the front of it where the pinch weld is. I was thinking 12.5 with tire too far inboard thus rubbing during articulation.

swampdog

You may be right on that, but I have a feeling we won't be getting much insight from ol' boy Steve.

nknacd

anyone know if you need to run spacers with these? i have 3" lift and i'm currently running 33s with a wheel that has a 4.5 backspacing.

Top Bottom