Newbie from Colorado with a WJ

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fair enough. I hope you can be understanding that what you were posting was very typical of trolls that like to stir the pot here and that's why so many people including myself were suspicious of you.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Welcome aboard! Bad ass WJ for sure. There are lots of knowledgeable folks here. For sure some members have manufacturers they prefer over others. They know what works and what doesn't give a good return on investment, but then they wheel hard and definitely do painful unpaid research for the manufacturers. Watch the videos, read and make your own decisions. BTW, I put a WJ brake booster on my MJ to help out the rear discs on the rear Ford 8.8 axle. What a difference! It'll come down from speed faster than my 2012 JK and with far less fuss.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks. It's been a fun project. I have a feeling I'll have to upgrade my brakes soon. With the sliders, the grill guard, winch, tire carriers, and a family of 5. I have dramatically noticed a difference in stopping power. EBC seemed to have some good prices for larger rotors, but I haven't had a chance to really research them yet, just saw them in a magazine recently. I'm not looking to go crazy, just need some more stopping power. Especially in the mountains around here.

Welcome aboard! Bad ass WJ for sure. There are lots of knowledgeable folks here. For sure some members have manufacturers they prefer over others. They know what works and what doesn't give a good return on investment, but then they wheel hard and definitely do painful unpaid research for the manufacturers. Watch the videos, read and make your own decisions. BTW, I put a WJ brake booster on my MJ to help out the rear discs on the rear Ford 8.8 axle. What a difference! It'll come down from speed faster than my 2012 JK and with far less fuss.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Nice. What did you paint your rims with? I'm getting ready to do that hopefully this fall. I was considering Rustoleum Bed Liner or Duplicolor Bed Armor. I've heard goods from both.

I stripped the wheels down and then used self eching primer and then flat black epoxy based paint. They have been holding up for a couple years. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441989053.806512.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441989064.641078.jpg This is what I used specifically.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You are still full of shit. I don't care what everyone else says. You came ere to start shit. I've seen it time and time again.

WJCO

Meme King
I assume your joking, but in case you aren't,..... You come out and attack me on my first day here, and then question if I have permission to response to your negative criticism.......I would hope the 'admin' would be happy to see our conversation here, because so far I don't' feel I've deserved any of the rude comments from you since I've been here, and I would assume the 'admin' has basic morals and respect for others and would recognize what really happened here. But what do I know, I'm just a newbie. Hopefully you and I can actually one day enjoy each others posts.

Scrambler

I saw you changed your profile pic and was looking for your build thread. Didn't find it, so I figured I'd post here. That is a nice looking ride. You make me want to piss my wife off and buy one to beat on. :beer: Nice work.

WJCO

Meme King
I saw you changed your profile pic and was looking for your build thread. Didn't find it, so I figured I'd post here. That is a nice looking ride. You make me want to piss my wife off and buy one to beat on. :beer: Nice work.

Thanks. It's been a fun project. I don't have a build thread (slacking) , but have a lot more posts of work in progress on Jeepforum, Same user ID. Wish I had found this forum earlier, I would have posted the same pics during the build. It's been a fun vehicle to work on and you can find these things all day long on Craigslists for fairly cheap. My wife and I may get a JK soon too, but we're keeping this one for our main trail rig (so I say until we get the JK and I relapse on my modification addiction). Future plans for this are a 6.5 Clayton lift, 35s, and a D44 in front or I'll build up the existing D30.

I'll try to get some more pics on here for this thread.

Top Bottom