Next Generation JL for JAGS

JAGS

Hooked
I never get as much done as I think I’m going to get done when I start. Ha ha.

Needed to trouble shoot my switch-pros as when I went to test a led spot, the switches themselves weren’t powering up the light. After a bit I text Disciple and they were able to walk me through a couple possible solutions. We finally got it working! Thanks Jeremy and crew!!

Wired up the spots and the amber glow to two separate switch-pro switches.

I also wired up some smaller leds splicing into my existing fog light wiring harness. Since the 1/4 has no fogs, I custom mounted next to the spots. I plan to paint the mounts black once I make any adjustments. The fog LEDs have an amber, “high beam,” and alternating off the same wires. Just toggle on/off the fog light button to go through the outputs.

Was wanting to get my step lights wired up, but started raining, so hopefully another day soon for those.

Attachments

• IMG_8355.jpeg
    IMG_8355.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8349.jpeg
    IMG_8349.jpeg
    225.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8350.jpeg
    IMG_8350.jpeg
    238.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8351.jpeg
    IMG_8351.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8352.jpeg
    IMG_8352.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8354.jpeg
    IMG_8354.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 26

jeeeep

Hooked
I never get as much done as I think I’m going to get done when I start. Ha ha.

Needed to trouble shoot my switch-pros as when I went to test a led spot, the switches themselves weren’t powering up the light. After a bit I text Disciple and they were able to walk me through a couple possible solutions. We finally got it working! Thanks Jeremy and crew!!

Wired up the spots and the amber glow to two separate switch-pro switches.

I also wired up some smaller leds splicing into my existing fog light wiring harness. Since the 1/4 has no fogs, I custom mounted next to the spots. I plan to paint the mounts black once I make any adjustments. The fog LEDs have an amber, “high beam,” and alternating off the same wires. Just toggle on/off the fog light button to go through the outputs.

Was wanting to get my step lights wired up, but started raining, so hopefully another day soon for those.
how much light do the red LEDs put out? Are you using them as fogs?

JAGS

Hooked
how much light do the red LEDs put out? Are you using them as fogs?
Surprisingly quite a bit of light. Got them adjusted pretty well last night. They throw out a more horizontal patter, which I don’t mind. I’m calling them fogs, but might be better dust lights. Either/both solutions is what I was trying to achieve. Haven’t driven in fog or dust yet.

Just headlights (crack windshield, not line ur phone lol) IMG_8362.jpeg

Headlights with amber selected.
IMG_8358.jpeg

Headlights with “high beam” from red LEDs.
IMG_8359.jpeg

Headlights with high and amber from Red LEDs

IMG_8360.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8360.jpeg
    IMG_8360.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 0

jeeeep

Hooked
Surprisingly quite a bit of light. Got them adjusted pretty well last night. They throw out a more horizontal patter, which I don’t mind. I’m calling them fogs, but might be better dust lights. Either/both solutions is what I was trying to achieve. Haven’t driven in fog or dust yet.

Just headlights (crack windshield, not line ur phone lol) View attachment 403819

Headlights with amber selected.
View attachment 403820

Headlights with “high beam” from red LEDs.
View attachment 403823

Headlights with high and amber from Red LEDs

View attachment 403822
thanks, those have a nice pattern (y)

do you have the Amazon link? might give those a look

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
IMG_8363.jpeg Another WAL recommended fix! Replaced the DRLs with LED bulbs.

Gotta say, this fender set up is growing on me. Seems to be enough clearance for uptravel and the appearance from the front is way different with JL fenders than my old JK stock fenders before trimming.

JAGS

Hooked
New windshield. Added some horsepower up front! 😉 Getting back to my roots as I had on my silver JK. Red banner, circa 2014. Also worked on some customizations to my “handheld” race radio. Couple more things needed from Amazon for the CB bar. Finished wiring up the EVO slider lights.

IMG_8379.jpeg

IMG_8380.jpeg

IMG_8378.jpeg

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Got my channels programmed. After reading some solid reviews and vids of frustration with cable programming, figured I’d give this Bluetooth deal a shot. It’s about same price as the “good” programming cable. Worked great and web interface made things pretty easy.

Now hopefully the channels actually work. lol.

IMG_8388.jpeg

TrailHunter

Hooked
Got my channels programmed. After reading some solid reviews and vids of frustration with cable programming, figured I’d give this Bluetooth deal a shot. It’s about same price as the “good” programming cable. Worked great and web interface made things pretty easy.

Now hopefully the channels actually work. lol.

View attachment 404598
You can just type the channel in too…. You dont have to “program” it.

JAGS

Hooked
You can just type the channel in too…. You dont have to “program” it.
Yeah. Saw that too when looking through some vids more recently. Most I saw before talked about the cable and chirp, etc. Ham heads I’m sure and way over my head, LOL. I had already bought the Bluetooth deal and figured I’d keep/try it.

Top Bottom