Nitto Mud Grapplers

MTG

Caught the Bug
JAGS said:
Hard to keep everything straight. Ha ha But I think you covered it. The more rigs I see and conversations I'm part of, the more I lean toward 37". My compromise might be going trail grapplers and not mud. Slightly better on road while not giving up much if anything off.

If you are considering 37s do not bother with 35s. You like them for about 3 minutes. ;)

My Trail grapplers have done great off road. I had no trouble in the mud (well no more than anyone else) and they did great on a desert run I did in Las Vegas after I got back from JKX. But I do like the look of the mud grapplers too and you can get them a little wider. Tough call, but I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Vudoo1

Does anyone know if the Mud Grapplers weigh more than Toyo Open Country MT? I tried looking up the weight sizes but I couldn't locate the weight for Nitto. In 40x13.50x17, the Toyo's weigh is 105.8 lbs.

I figured they would be about the same.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Does anyone know if the Mud Grapplers weigh more than Toyo Open Country MT? I tried looking up the weight sizes but I couldn't locate the weight for Nitto. In 40x13.50x17, the Toyo's weigh is 105.8 lbs.

Found a tire site that claims that size weighs 104lbs.

Robar

The Enforcer
Thanks for the replies. I am trying to figure out what tire I want. I'm highly considering the Mug Grapplers, but also looking the Kumho Road Venture KL71 MT and a few others. I hope to have my mind made up by the time I can afford them. :crazyeyes:

Thanks for the replies. I am trying to figure out what tire I want. I'm highly considering the Mug Grapplers, but also looking the Kumho Road Venture KL71 MT and a few others. I hope to have my mind made up by the time I can afford them. :crazyeyes:

Robar, What about swamper TSL SX's? You will absolutely hate them until they get to about 5 psi...after that, you'll be in love forever! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do any tires do good on ice? :thinking.

you mean aside from studded tires? :D

The increase MPGs was with the Nittos or the Falkens? What's the damage for the trail graps MPG wise that your running? Your trails are 37" right?

Once I get my build going, I'm pretty much set on the Trail Grapplers. Was going 35s direction, but then the 37s look sooo nice! Now leaning towards 37s as I want to do my build once and hopefully be good for a long while.

Eddie has 40's ....

Our Mpg on our 37 mud grapplers were no different than our Toyos ...averaged about 13 on our 6500 miles for the JKX. Handled awesome!

I think he was talking about the trail grapplers on Rubicat. I think I was getting between 14 and 16 on JKX with my 2012 and 37" trail grapplers. Moochie might have a better memory than me.

the falkens offered much better mpg and that was compared to an equal size toyo mt. the street like tread design of the falkens provide much less rolling resistance and that'll do more for mpg than anything.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you are considering 37s do not bother with 35s. You like them for about 3 minutes. ;)

agreed. the only reason to stick with 35's is if you couldn't afford to make the modifications you'd want to have to run them without any worries.

as mentioned, they are about the same. REALLY heavy :crazyeyes:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Now that people have run them for a while what is the life you are getting out of them? The trail grapplers are in the 40-50 range just curious if the muds can get close to 40 or is it more towards the 25-30 range?

Top Bottom