No Rear Bumper?

biggy

Next to the evo carrier and no bumper I like the genright one. It will hold up to a 40" tire. The steel version can be had for 8-9 hundred I believe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rinkishjk

Back in September of 2009, Cindy and I were invited to head up to the Rubicon Trail with Mel Wade of Off Road Evolution and Ali Mansour of Petersen's 4 Wheel Drive & Off-Road and be witness to what would be the first ever run through the Little Sluice Box in a Jeep JK Wrangler. Two attempts were required to complete this extremely challenging section of trail but, Mel was able to conquer it and, you can see how he did it in this short video.

This was one of the very first videos we filmed and produced with an HD camera.

That carrier looks great. I like the genright carrier alot.

Serg5000

I also am running without a rear bumper. I like the look of less clutter.

Attachments

• image-3875177395.jpg
    image-3875177395.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 611
  • image-3537235780.jpg
    image-3537235780.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 610

JK1

This looks sweet. I've got a silver JKUR too! Gives me some ideas. :yup:

What did you do wheels with.... is that painted or plasti-dipped? Are you running the spare on the factory mount?

the rims are plasti dipped.. the spare mount i bought from a guy down the road i think it is a smity built...i think:thinking:

moparnation

That looks nice how did you mount Jack?

I left the two tabs for mounting the factory bumper on and ran some threaded rod through them with a few nuts, used wing nuts on the jack side.

Forgive the crappy looking rod and rusty equipment lol, they've been salting the roads heavy this year

sent from my talkitty box

Attachments

• 1360655102481.jpg
    1360655102481.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 574
  • 1360655119865.jpg
    1360655119865.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 565
  • 1360655136023.jpg
    1360655136023.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 567

jeepmojo

id love to try this

but NewHampshire DOT has it in their rules a Rear bumper is Required as factory equipment .
wonder if there is a way to make it a bumper tech. but still have the same look like maybe just a tube between the frame rails ???? anyone seen this ? I guess its a safety issue, but please theres a big tire they can bump off of !:rolleyes2:

Last edited:

GCM 2

but NewHampshire DOT has it in their rules a Rear bumper is Required as factory equipment .
wonder if there is a way to make it a bumper tech. but still have the same look like maybe just a tube between the frame rails ???? anyone seen this ? or similar

Man, if New Hampshire only realized that a JK's rear bumper is only a plastic cover that hides a frame crossmember that most of us are only showing off now. The crossmember is the actually the bumper

jeepmojo

haha i totaly agree !

try and tell that to a staunch state trooper at 1 am :rolleyes2:

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
wonder if there is a way to make it a bumper tech. but still have the same look like maybe just a tube between the frame rails ???? anyone seen this ? I guess its a safety issue, but please theres a big tire they can bump off of !:rolleyes2:

Man, if New Hampshire only realized that a JK's rear bumper is only a plastic cover that hides a frame crossmember that most of us are only showing off now. The crossmember is the actually the bumper

Agreed. Only the bumper cover is removed, but I wouldn't want to argue that with the guy with the gun on the side of the road. :thumb::cheesy:

Edit: I had the same thought jeepmojo. :cheesy:

Top Bottom