Non-weld on jku rock slider recommendations

Chris1015

I am really happy with my EVO Boatside Bombers.

View attachment 294977
Pretty jealous, those look sweet. Especially with the blue.

My .02 avoid JCR. Some how came with a dent in one of them and didn't even realize until I had them powder coated. Can't imagine what's gonna happen when I hit a rock with any weight. Probably gonna destroy my frame.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
Just got mine in yesterday. Excited to get them on. View attachment 295658

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Congrats, :thumb:

Pretty jealous, those look sweet. Especially with the blue.

My .02 avoid JCR. Some how came with a dent in one of them and didn't even realize until I had them powder coated. Can't imagine what's gonna happen when I hit a rock with any weight. Probably gonna destroy my frame.

Thanks, these are pretty stout.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Thread Resurrection

I just received my LOD sliders, I plan to find a decent welder here in Jacksonville and weld them on. Does anyone know if the existing holes are enough to bolt it in to take it to the welder? Or will I need to take them in the box and have them fitted and installed at the welder? Just planning my install...

WJCO

Meme King
I just received my LOD sliders, I plan to find a decent welder here in Jacksonville and weld them on. Does anyone know if the existing holes are enough to bolt it in to take it to the welder? Or will I need to take them in the box and have them fitted and installed at the welder? Just planning my install...

You mean install them on the frame with the few bolts that are there? Then drive it to the shop like that?

jorgelrod

Hooked
You mean install them on the frame with the few bolts that are there? Then drive it to the shop like that?

Yep, I just want to know if that is possible, I just got the box and i'm trying to figure my next move since I don't have a garage to work at so I'm seeing what I can do on the parking space and what I need to have done at the welder

WJCO

Meme King
Yep, I just want to know if that is possible, I just got the box and i'm trying to figure my next move since I don't have a garage to work at so I'm seeing what I can do on the parking space and what I need to have done at the welder

I just looked at ours. You probably could drive on it like that. The rear-most leg on each side would have nothing holding it, but the front two legs do have existing bolts holding it. Seems like that would be ok. Just grind everything ahead of time to save the welder some time and frustration ahead of time. If I were in your shoes, I would think that driving it a short distance to a shop like that would be ok.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I just looked at ours. You probably could drive on it like that. The rear-most leg on each side would have nothing holding it, but the front two legs do have existing bolts holding it. Seems like that would be ok. Just grind everything ahead of time to save the welder some time and frustration ahead of time. If I were in your shoes, I would think that driving it a short distance to a shop like that would be ok.

I just found a welding shop two lights away, gonna visit them and if I like what I see, I might just do that.

Danuuc

Me too.

Did you get them installed? I'm looking at the Deegan38 sliders as well. People are saying that they are stout steps, but I have to wonder if they will take rock punishment.
Do they feel thick enough?

I just ordered some Deegan 38 rock sliders from extreme terrain. I really wanted the jcr offroad crusader sliders but I didn't have the cash. I hope the deegan sliders are stout enough!

Sent from my LGLS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom