Non-weld on jku rock slider recommendations

fiend

Caught the Bug
Hello everyone, I'm looking for some suggestions on rock sliders. The evo ones look great but I would prefer something I don't have to weld on that is still frame mounted. Or if there is already a thread on this, that I missed, please guide me to that.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have the LODs. They are nice. Strong, with a step that’s helpful to have. You can bolt them on, weld them on, or both. Since you prefer bolting to welding, these could be a good choice. I bolted mine. Installation is a kind of PITA. Be sure you have a quality tap for all the holes you drill in the frame.

brooklyn4x4

20171120_150328.jpg

Love my Lod sliders buy the right drill bit and tap (pep boys sells them together in the same pack) cant remember what size they where use a good drill and a little bit of drilling oil and the install to bolt them on is simple. I picked the Lod over other bolt on ones because the mounting bracket is L shaped and bolts to both the side and the bottom of the frame rail and better distributes the stress on the fame rail in my oppion.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mattmc74

I just ordered some Deegan 38 rock sliders from extreme terrain. I really wanted the jcr offroad crusader sliders but I didn't have the cash. I hope the deegan sliders are stout enough!

Sent from my LGLS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
I ended up with Poison Spyder rocker knockers. Frame mounted, bolt on. They've done a very good job for me so far.
Last trip out I landed hard on the passenger side. There is a slight bow to it but it saved the side of the Jeep.
It did exactly what it was intended to.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RBarnes

Hello everyone, I'm looking for some suggestions on rock sliders. The evo ones look great but I would prefer something I don't have to weld on that is still frame mounted. Or if there is already a thread on this, that I missed, please guide me to that.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app
Smittybilt look good and they work great they're bolt onto to the frame not had a problem 20171216_140825_1513454958021_001.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

fusion_jeff

It will just take 6 months to get them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

When I ordered mine it took about 6 weeks to arrive. 2 door JK, standard tube style w/ black textured powder coat. I would have had them sooner if I didn’t opt for the powder coating. Not sure 6 months is a fair claim. At least not for sliders. I have ordered other items in the past from them that took about 2-3 months to ship, but never longer than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
When I ordered mine it took about 6 weeks to arrive. 2 door JK, standard tube style w/ black textured powder coat. I would have had them sooner if I didn’t opt for the powder coating. Not sure 6 months is a fair claim. At least not for sliders. I have ordered other items in the past from them that took about 2-3 months to ship, but never longer than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my bad. 3 months is way better than 6 months when ever other manufacturer can get you sliders in 3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom