NorCal: Signal Peak -- Sept 13th

spinuck

Man! This sounds like a great opportunity to meet the NorCal crew!! But I don't even have basic gear yet, and I'm still on stock 255 shoes! :doh:

I dunno'.... sounds kinda' sketch for me, doesn't it? I should probably wait for somethin a bit more... "n00b-friendly"? :idontknow:

p.s. I see Eddie says, "a stock JK Rubi could do it with ease" - that is probably also considering a more experienced driver

With only one "easy" trail under my belt, I feel I should pass on this "difficult" one, at least until I can get a few "mediums" in. I don't have this avatar for nutin' :)

Have fun!!
:beer::beer:

We had a stock Sahara run it with us last year no prob, and the driver had little off road experience. You should be ok. The trail is pretty short, you could take the Pierce OHV loop to get more wheeling in. There's a couple water crossings (small streams this time of year) and a couple little rocky patches, still doable by stock rigs.

Rccrwlr

Man! This sounds like a great opportunity to meet the NorCal crew!! But I don't even have basic gear yet, and I'm still on stock 255 shoes! :doh:

I dunno'.... sounds kinda' sketch for me, doesn't it? I should probably wait for somethin a bit more... "n00b-friendly"? :idontknow:

p.s. I see Eddie says, "a stock JK Rubi could do it with ease" - that is probably also considering a more experienced driver

With only one "easy" trail under my belt, I feel I should pass on this "difficult" one, at least until I can get a few "mediums" in. I don't have this avatar for nutin' :)

Have fun!!

Did it when we were stock!

Panda

Have fun!!

We've got you covered on gear you should join us we'll help guide you through :yup:

K.D.C.H

Have fun!!

No worries at all. If you want to come out feel free. Do you have any skids in the Jeep?

If anything we can always hook up tow strap and pull you out.

BDSJEEP

I have not personally run Signal Peak, however, everything I have seen shows a stock Jeep can get through.

We had a stock Sahara run it with us last year no prob, and the driver had little off road experience. You should be ok. The trail is pretty short, you could take the Pierce OHV loop to get more wheeling in. There's a couple water crossings (small streams this time of year) and a couple little rocky patches, still doable by stock rigs.

Did it when we were stock!

We've got you covered on gear you should join us we'll help guide you through :yup:

No worries at all. If you want to come out feel free. Do you have any skids in the Jeep?

If anything we can always hook up tow strap and pull you out.

How can anyone say NO to support like this!? :grouphug:

Put me down for the whole fam (Me+Wife+JeepDog) :biggrinbounce:

No ProTek yet, I am still bone stock except for an exhaust. :cheesy: :driving:

Just picked up a new Phantom 3 pro so I'll be bring it out and setting some sweet aerial photography of the run

View attachment 163245

View attachment 163244

I have this same DJI Phantom 3 Pro too. I wont be bringing mine though. But I can be a backup pilot if you need shots of YOU and your rig on the trail.

p.s. Man, talk about diving (or is that dRiving) in head first! "That's right I started on "difficult" ratings...what!? LOL :cheesy:

K.D.C.H

How can anyone say NO to support like this!? :grouphug:

Put me down for the whole fam (Me+Wife+JeepDog) :biggrinbounce:

No ProTek yet, I am still bone stock except for an exhaust. :cheesy: :driving:

Sounds great, as soon as Scott see this he'll update the list.

I have this same DJI Phantom 3 Pro too. I wont be bringing mine though. But I can be a backup pilot if you need shots of YOU and your rig on the trail.

I appreciate the offer but I should be good :thumb:

p.s. Man, talk about diving (or is that dRiving) in head first! "That's right I started on "difficult" ratings...what!?LOL :cheesy:

I haven't been on this trail but from what I hear it's a fairly easy one, you'll do just fine and any help you need we'll be there for you

I know you got called out but You started it. Then you go throwing pictures in hi face. Geesh! Let's throw some cameras on that bad boy and see is we can ground some planes!

It does have two cameras. One is POV with goggles then there is a gimbal mount with a GoPro attachment. I have control of pitch, roll and yaw on my controller :thumb:

K.D.C.H

Here is a quick pic of it.

View attachment 163313

Awe that's too bad. You've got the coolest drone and the coolest Jeep and both are pieces :cheesy:

His IS bigger!

Yea but at least mine works right now :cheesy:

Hahahaha don't give him a complex :cheesy:

I've seen your Jeep so I already had one haha

I know you got called out but You started it. Then you go throwing pictures in hi face. Geesh! Let's throw some cameras on that bad boy and see is we can ground some planes!

Yea, he started it and then posted up a picture of a bunch of parts haha

Back Country

Have fun!!

Remember, Eddie probably looked "hard" for difficult lines on this trail and you see that he barely found one. You will be fine! Glad to hear your coming.

Awe that's too bad. You've got the coolest drone and the coolest Jeep and both are pieces :cheesy:

Yea but at least mine works right now :cheesy:

I've seen your Jeep so I already had one haha

Yea, he started it and then posted up a picture of a bunch of parts haha

Who said it didn't work? Mine works just fine....not sure where that came from...:thinking:

BDSJEEP

Remember, Eddie probably looked "hard" for difficult lines on this trail and you see that he barely found one. You will be fine! Glad to hear your coming.

I hear ya BC, my hesitation was from looking up the trail on "EveryTrail", and noting waypoint #2 :

Gets Tough
Bear right across open area and begin rocky climb. This is toughest part of trail.
Rollovers have occurred here, so be careful.

:eek:

...but Eddie's comments on his own video help alleviate those concerns.

Thanks again for the invite! :thumb:

-Brian

Top Bottom