NorCal: Signal Peak -- Sept 13th

07JKSahara

Scott, could you put down a +1 for us? A coworker with his 15 JKUR may be joining us if you guys don't mind.

Added. :D

I didn't have time to read it all.. So Cliff notes? who's is bigger, who has a complex, and why doesn't Jason hang up his pictures?

Added everyone I saw, let me know if I missed anyone.

More interested in the pic behind the table. Watcha got hiding over there? :idontknow:

It's a custom piece from my old employer. We hired a local artist to create something that told the story of our company. Then I had it set on a cream matte and took a copper pen and had all the founders and stakeholders sign it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441257531.024496.jpg

BDSJEEP

Do you have any skids in the Jeep?

OK, so what would my chances be to for an impromptu NorCal crew build party to install a ProTek Skid System on my 2015 automatic before we go?

I can swing the $399 + overnight shipping + Pizza and Beer ( .........ok, and strippers :cheesy: )
...if someone else could swing the garage/driveway, tools and expertise/instruction/help on install.

Anyone up for the challenge?

OK, so what would my chances be to for an impromptu NorCal crew build party to install a ProTek Skid System on my 2015 automatic before we go?

I can swing the $399 + overnight shipping + Pizza and Beer ( .........ok, and strippers :cheesy: )
...if someone else could swing the garage/driveway, tools and expertise/instruction/help on install.

Most likely pretty good. Just pick a date and general location and things will usually start happening :yup:

K.D.C.H

Who said it didn't work? Mine works just fine....not sure where that came from...:thinking:

Just an educated guess after seeing all the wires, camera parts and covers off the thing ;)

Added. :D

I didn't have time to read it all.. So Cliff notes? who's is bigger, who has a complex, and why doesn't Jason hang up his pictures?

Added everyone I saw, let me know if I missed anyone.

Yep seems like you're all caught up

In NorCal I'd say your chances are pretty good. I vote Panda's place and he'll have no say in the matter ;)

When do they come in and where in the Bay Area are you located?

BDSJEEP

In NorCal I'd say your chances are pretty good. I vote Panda's place and he'll have no say in the matter ;)

When do they come in and where in the Bay Area are you located?

I wanted to check if it was even doable first. But I can have them overnighted if necessary. I'll call Drew, and order them during business hours tomorrow.

...and I'm just a few blocks from Panda.

K.D.C.H

I wanted to check if it was even doable first. But I can have them overnighted if necessary. I'll call Drew, and order them during business hours tomorrow.

Maybe someone that has Signal Peak experience can chime in but I doubt it's necessary to spend a lot of money on overnight shipping. Good line choices will go a long way. If you really want to get them ordered we'll do everything we can to get them on

BDSJEEP

Maybe someone that has Signal Peak experience can chime in but I doubt it's necessary to spend a lot of money on overnight shipping. Good line choices will go a long way. If you really want to get them ordered we'll do everything we can to get them on

I can order them from Amazon (which come from EVO anyway) and get free 2-day shipping with some sort of Amazon Prime trial... and they really are the first mod I wanted anyway.

And as you already mention, good lines will indeed go a long way, but the skids will help while I try and discover what a good line looks like. :) Especially being so low with stock height and tires.

K.D.C.H

I can order them from Amazon (which come from EVO anyway) and get free 2-day shipping with some sort of Amazon Prime trial... and they really are the first mod I wanted anyway.

And as you already mention, good lines will indeed go a long way, but the skids will help while I try and discover what a good line looks like. :) Especially being so low with stock height and tires.

Sounds good then

spinuck

I hear ya BC, my hesitation was from looking up the trail on "EveryTrail", and noting waypoint #2 :

:eek:

...but Eddie's comments on his own video help alleviate those concerns.

Thanks again for the invite! :thumb:

-Brian

It looked like they made a bypass on the part where you drive between the tree and the ledge. It's really not too bad though. Either hug the tree or swing out wide by the ledge to avoid the uneven surfaces.

Can you add me to the list?

Rox Star

The first part of the trail is a rock scramble (no big bolders). I don't remember anything that was too crazy. I did it with the TJ before I had lockers. If you go past the antennas and shack on top it you'll be on a fairly smooth utility road. This is the road that they use to bring the pick ups/utility trucks to the microwave antennas. There are a few 'camp' sites along this road but with the fire restrictions I don't think you can burn wood there. There is camping at Cisco Grove

Panda

It can be done in a couple hours, let me know when you want to do it, we can do it after work one day if necessary :yup:

07JKSahara

It can be done in a couple hours, let me know when you want to do it, we can do it after work one day if necessary :yup:

This....

If you have them by Monday, a lot of us will be in Benicia at my place doing a mix of things. I'm sure someone can watch you spin wrenches and give their opinions :icon_crazy: :blush:

If not by then, we can do Panda's place one night after work next week.

Spinuck - Added, looking forward to meeting you.

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
This....

If you have them by Monday, a lot of us will be in Benicia at my place doing a mix of things. I'm sure someone can watch you spin wrenches and give their opinions :icon_crazy: :blush:

Spinuck - Added, looking forward to meeting you.

Better notify the neighbors, looks like we're taking over the street! 😂😂

BDSJEEP

It looked like they made a bypass on the part where you drive between the tree and the ledge. It's really not too bad though. Either hug the tree or swing out wide by the ledge to avoid the uneven surfaces.

Can you add me to the list?

That would be nice, user "Wh1t3Nukle" has a few examples of different rigs negotiating that obstacle on YouTube that I was checking out. :eek:

This....

I couldn't guarantee it for Monday with 2-day shipping, so went with overnight and will have it Friday....Monday sounds like the perfect plan! :thumb:

07JKSahara

Do I have everyone in the first post correct as camping or not camping?

Our activities director is looking into camp sites, so we need a general count.

Thanks! Looks like this is going to be a fun run!

K.D.C.H

Do I have everyone in the first post correct as camping or not camping?

Our activities director is looking into camp sites, so we need a general count.

Thanks! Looks like this is going to be a fun run!

If Jason comes make sure we have enough room for his big ass drone :cheesy:

If Jason comes make sure we have enough room for his big ass drone :cheesy:

LOL I don't bring it on the trails...I don't have enough room :bleh:

Nah it's just taken apart because I pulled the cameras off to re wire them. They just slide back on and plug in. It's ready to fly :thumb:

Back Country

The skids are very easy and I am sure the guys will be able to walk you through it very easily! But remember, if you are driving it over to Panda's, you will need new oil. If you add the oil pan skid cold it does not need to be drained, but if it is warm from the drive over, it needs to be drained. I wish I could help on Monday, but my family from Louisiana are in town until Wednesday.

Top Bottom