Ob_tj's transformation of the green lantern

ob_tj

00r0r_ewU1AGGF0BM_600x450.jpg so here is my new axle!! I'm excited to get it home and start cleaning it up. Will most likely paint it black just so it looks clean. I an also going to go with the artec conversion kit.

ob_tj

So over the past couple of days I had been noticing that it was taking longer and longer for my jeep to turn over and start. Today was the day that it finally wouldn't start. Tried to jump start it with no luck. Either my battery is just completely toasted or something else is going on. Going to buy a new optima tomorrow. 20170209_221417.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Could very well be just a tapped out battery. Assuming that gets you going, might want to check the alternator to make sure it's charging.

ob_tj

bummer man, hopefully the battery is all it needs

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hope it's a simple fix. Good luck.
Thanks guys going to get s battery Now
Could very well be just a tapped out battery. Assuming that gets you going, might want to check the alternator to make sure it's charging.
Once I get the battery I will definitely check the alternator. I didn't even think to.
You gonna be doing all the fabricating yourself? Awesome deal though congrats bud!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I would like to. I am looking at buying a welder to do it now.

Keggerbombs

Awesome man love seeing tjs on here, I have a tj, xj, and a cj haha I just recently put a 6" long arm kit on my tj, just the control arms so far, need to upgrade shocks and springs still but haven't decided on what I want

ob_tj

Awesome man love seeing tjs on here, I have a tj, xj, and a cj haha I just recently put a 6" long arm kit on my tj, just the control arms so far, need to upgrade shocks and springs still but haven't decided on what I want

I was going to do a long arm but a JK is in my near future.

ob_tj

Did you ever get the Synergy coils? And don't get rid of the TJ, we need a few on here.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Nope backed out on the coils. I ended up doing something a little different. But I wish I could keep it. With my first baby due in the end of march we will be in need of more room

ob_tj

So come to have it, I just had a really dead battery. Got it all changed out this evening but still going to take the alternator out tomorrow and have it tested to rule that out also.

WJCO

Meme King
So come to have it, I just had a really dead battery. Got it all changed out this evening but still going to take the alternator out tomorrow and have it tested to rule that out also.

Glad to hear that was it. FYI, don't go through the hassle of removing the alternator to check it. You can do this with a cheap multimeter with the alternator still Installed. A multimeter is a good tool to have regardless.

Start the engine. Turn on lights, AC, and any other large accessory in the jeep that would draw power on a regular basis (not the winch). Set your multimeter to the 12v setting or a setting that is similar. Put the red probe on the positive terminal of the battery and the black probe on the negative. Your meter screen should read at least 13.5 volts, 14 is better. That's it.

Also, if the alternator was bad, likely your battery light would have been coming on in the last week or so.

benatc1

Hooked
glad it was just the battery, if you don't have a multi meter another easy way to test it is to run the jeep without the battery connected and if it stays running then your good.

RockyJk

glad it was just the battery, if you don't have a multi meter another easy way to test it is to run the jeep without the battery connected and if it stays running then your good.

This is not a good way to check alternators on newer vehicles, the voltage spikes from disconnecting the battery cables can fry the pcm.

ob_tj

Glad to hear that was it. FYI, don't go through the hassle of removing the alternator to check it. You can do this with a cheap multimeter with the alternator still Installed. A multimeter is a good tool to have regardless.

Start the engine. Turn on lights, AC, and any other large accessory in the jeep that would draw power on a regular basis (not the winch). Set your multimeter to the 12v setting or a setting that is similar. Put the red probe on the positive terminal of the battery and the black probe on the negative. Your meter screen should read at least 13.5 volts, 14 is better. That's it.

Also, if the alternator was bad, likely your battery light would have been coming on in the last week or so.
Good to know. Thank you. I'll have to go pick one up and test it that way.

ob_tj

Did a little cutting of the fenders today! 20170218_150629.jpg 20170218_150622.jpg I only got the back ones done before the blade on my Dreme broke apart.

ob_tj

IMG_0155.jpg well I got my spare mounted and balanced finally. For now it will reside in the back till I get a carrier.... even though I'm selling it I can't help but buy shit!!

ob_tj

So I have my 8.8 swap ready to go just needs to be all welded up. Just now seeking a little help. A good friend is offering up a good set of used 37 inch Toyos. I know I am going to have to do a whole lot of cutting. But my question to everyone is.. I have no clue on what gears to put in it, 4.88s? This is a big jump for my TJ and I'd just like some input on things that should be replaced with newer and better.

Top Bottom