Oil Transmission Protection

bill32

The bottom picture is taken right from ROCK HARD'S web site, so I doubt they are Metalcloaks.
Also I have the same set of skids on my JK.

I'm pretty sure the bottom one is the Metalcloak skids.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

The bottom picture is taken right from ROCK HARD'S web site, so I doubt they are Metalcloaks.
Also I have the same set of skids on my JK.

I just never seen the rock hards with a hole for the oil drain, only the little trap door.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

If I'm not mistaken, they used to have the hole, but moved to the trap door in later skids. Mine are about a year old, and have the trap door.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
The bottom picture is our skids, but the previous design. We changed to trap door a few years back.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The bottom picture is our skids, but the previous design. We changed to trap door a few years back.

RockHard’s service is great, too. I needed an additional spacer, because my exhaust had began to hit my skid. It was here in 3 days.

I’ve run EVO skids, and Rockhard. Both good companies, and both will do what you need. They both support this forum, that we all use for free.

TC1201JK

I ordered my evo protek skids Sunday night and they were delivered yesterday (Friday). Wondering who said they are back ordered. They are built solid and they are going on this afternoon.

bill32

Why would you want an oil pan skid plate that mounts directly to the oil pan instead of around it. Every time your skid takes a hit does not also the engine thats mounted to the skid? Just a thought.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Why would you want an oil pan skid plate that mounts directly to the oil pan instead of around it. Every time your skid takes a hit does not also the engine thats mounted to the skid? Just a thought.

Which one mounts to the pan? The rockhard and evo mount using the existing holes for the pan but it is not mounted to the pan directly.

Foley

Hi,

I run the RIVAL Skid Plate on my JK. I'm quite happy with it. It's solid and you have a service opening so you don't need to unbolt the whole skidplate if you cange the oil.

22256839_187066135297zrxtw.jpg

img_20160305_115018upsl0.jpg

Lg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Hi,

I run the RIVAL Skid Plate on my JK. I'm quite happy with it. It's solid and you have a service opening so you don't need to unbolt the whole skidplate if you cange the oil.

22256839_187066135297zrxtw.jpg

img_20160305_115018upsl0.jpg

Lg

Someone makes a skid plate you have to totally unbolt to change the oil?

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Can I run the long arm Skid (Of either RockHard or EVO) If I think I'm going to run the Long Arms in the future. Thanks

Any one heard of the snyper skid plates from westin automotive? Bolt heads kinda stick up but one sure you could do something else to work. Saw them on a steer smarts build looking pretty nice epically for mud.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Any one heard of the snyper skid plates from westin automotive? Bolt heads kinda stick up but one sure you could do something else to work. Saw them on a steer smarts build looking pretty nice epically for mud.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

A couple guys tried pimping them here a while back. Never heard much more than that:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/45568-Westin-Snyper-skid-plate

And Steer Smarts still sucks balls:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/34385-STEER-SMARTS-has-been-Removed-from-WAYALIFE

Top Bottom