Opinions on Evo 1/4 with stinger or Pure jeep bull bar

10frank9

Web Wheeler
The pic of moby shows the old stinger that EVO used to make. The new one is smaller and to me, that's a shame. The PJ bull bar is a great option especially if you have to park in tight spaces on a regular basis.

#stingerenvy
#notthesizethatcounts

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Mud grappler + stinger = bad ass ;)
Honestly after seeing the pic of your jeep you posted the other day had me rethinking the stinger again cause it looked so bad ass
Is this it? I like that price, and it has the light tabs. It gets my vote.

https://www.purejeep.com/proddetail.php?prod=PJ1051
Yup that's it
The pic of moby shows the old stinger that EVO used to make. The new one is smaller and to me, that's a shame. The PJ bull bar is a great option especially if you have to park in tight spaces on a regular basis.

They really made it smaller? That's lame. I currently don't park in tight spaces often but that might change if I go to see my brother in the city more often.

Ugh!!! I'm so torn lol

dillard09

If you do order the PJ winch guard do order straight from PJ. The guys there are pretty good guys. I ordered mine straight from them. I did take about 5 weeks to get it but they keep me informed on the status.
But I just sold my winch guard to jkray to offset the cost of the 1/4 and stinger so you know my thoughts on which one I would choose as I just swapped! Stinger!

ForumRunner_20150817_070310.jpg

ForumRunner_20150817_070201.jpg

Right Rudder

I'm not overly disappointed the stinger got smaller, i enjoy everyday driving with a minimum of view obstruction. stinger view.jpg Front view.jpg
Yes I'm aware there is a lack of bolts holding down the stinger, that was directly after the initial install.

Last edited:

Jk909

I've been in the same boat as you for the past couple of months. I finally ran into something with my stock bumper and needed a replacement. I decided to go with the stinger. If I don't like it I know it will be easy to sell. You can't go wrong either way.

I stopped by ore and they were sold out. I called northridge earlier today and they gave me a killer deal.👍

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well I decided on getting the stinger. I called Tim at Trail Jeeps and he is matching the 15% off northridge is currently offering with no hesitations! Placing my order with him first thing tomorrow! Between the coilovers and the 1/4 pounder and stinger trail jeeps has earned my business for all my stuff from now on.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well I decided on getting the stinger. I called Tim at Trail Jeeps and he is matching the 15% off northridge is currently offering with no hesitations! Placing my order with him first thing tomorrow! Between the coilovers and the 1/4 pounder and stinger trail jeeps has earned my business for all my stuff from now on.

Nice! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Panda

Oh yeah baby!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: it's gonna look awesome!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Nice! Can't wait to see the finished product.
me either sharkey! gonna install it with my coilovers labor day weekend!

Oh yeah baby!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: it's gonna look awesome!
thanks Rob! seeing the pic of your the other day REALLY made me reconsider the pure jeep bull bar which lead me to this whole thread to begin with. long story short i blame YOU! :cheesy:

Panda

thanks Rob! seeing the pic of your the other day REALLY made me reconsider the pure jeep bull bar which lead me to this whole thread to begin with. long story short i blame YOU! :cheesy:

I'll take the blame, your welcome :D

utiadam

LOSER
Does anyone have a picture of the old vs new evo stinger side by side? I didn't even know that they changed the design of it.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the EVO Stinger Coz between the coilovers and the EVO quarter pounder with stinger and coilovers you've got alittle work to do :thumb:

Can't wait to see the finished product :yup:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Congrats on the EVO Stinger Coz between the coilovers and the EVO quarter pounder with stinger and coilovers you've got alittle work to do :thumb:

Can't wait to see the finished product :yup:

Thanks David! Can't wait to finally install it all Labor Day weekend!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Does anyone have a picture of the old vs new evo stinger side by side? I didn't even know that they changed the design of it.

Search for the thread called "family portrait" that Eddie started. You can see the difference between moby and Rubicat.

Top Bottom