Opinions on Evo 1/4 with stinger or Pure jeep bull bar

MonkeyLeo13

Well I decided on getting the stinger. I called Tim at Trail Jeeps and he is matching the 15% off northridge is currently offering with no hesitations! Placing my order with him first thing tomorrow! Between the coilovers and the 1/4 pounder and stinger trail jeeps has earned my business for all my stuff from now on.

No way Jose! I definitely will contact Trail Jeeps first in the future. Good choice abt get stinger!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
No way Jose! I definitely will contact Trail Jeeps first in the future. Good choice abt get stinger!

Trail jeeps is great! They will price match and it's free shipping. Also Tim is really friendly and easy to work with. We were talking about wheeling for a solid 20 mins yesterday lol

swampdog

So I'm gonna order a 1/4 pounder tomorrow for knuckles but I'm torn on what to get. I really like the bull bar look that the pure jeep bar offers but the stinger is growing on me cause it makes the jeep look more aggressive.

So what say you all.
Pure jeep bull bar
View attachment 160318 .
Stinger
View attachment 160319 .

Sorry for the revival, but how did this work out? I am trying to find out if the pure jeep bull bar is a simple bolt up to the 1/4 pounder or if it is a fab job. Thanks in advance Cozdude

Buster3479

Pretty sure Coz ended up going with the Stinger. I actually have a 1/4 pounder and stinger on order (for over a month now) from Trail Jeeps. I also have a PureJeeps bull bar coming in about a week. I'll be sure to mark up the top holes, and take pictures of both setups before finish mounting whatever I decide to run. I'm kind of hoping they can be modular switched between wheeling trips, and daily commutes. I talked to Trail Jeeps today, and they assured me my stuff would ship tomorrow. I'll post pictures of the comparisons when I get everything in.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Pretty sure Coz ended up going with the Stinger. I actually have a 1/4 pounder and stinger on order (for over a month now) from Trail Jeeps. I also have a PureJeeps bull bar coming in about a week. I'll be sure to mark up the top holes, and take pictures of both setups before finish mounting whatever I decide to run. I'm kind of hoping they can be modular switched between wheeling trips, and daily commutes. I talked to Trail Jeeps today, and they assured me my stuff would ship tomorrow. I'll post pictures of the comparisons when I get everything in.
Yes I did go wth the stinger
Sorry for the revival, but how did this work out? I am trying to find out if the pure jeep bull bar is a simple bolt up to the 1/4 pounder or if it is a fab job. Thanks in advance Cozdude

As I am told the pure jeep bull bar bolts right up to the 1/4 pounder.

swampdog

Just to update anyone with questions, the pure jeep winch guard is a direct fit for the EVO 1/4 pounder with no drilling or modification. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461937625.641926.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461937672.481429.jpg

Jeepfan30

Just to update anyone with questions, the pure jeep winch guard is a direct fit for the EVO 1/4 pounder with no drilling or modification. View attachment 200804 View attachment 200805

Looks great, and that just clamps on with the eight bolts holding the d-rings? The 1/4 pounder has been tempting me all week, so much that I had one at McDonalds yesterday. Since it only bolts to the front of the bumper do you get any rattle from the part on the top of the bumper (the part that is not bolted down)? Thanks

swampdog

Looks great, and that just clamps on with the eight bolts holding the d-rings? The 1/4 pounder has been tempting me all week, so much that I had one at McDonalds yesterday. Since it only bolts to the front of the bumper do you get any rattle from the part on the top of the bumper (the part that is not bolted down)? Thanks

Yes, it bolts right on and not a bit of rattle. It is tight on top as well from the pictures it looks like there is a slight gap but there actually is not one. A+

Eezybreezy08

I have been thinking about going this same rout. My wife was wanting a bumper with the bull bar on it to so I can show her these pics and she might even consider it now

TennJK

Just a little thread revival..

To the guys that have either options, what are the honest pro's and cons? I have the bumper on now and its just bare, so I am trying to decide on what is best. I am getting tired of it being completely bare. I really dig the look of the stinger, but the PJ bull bar is way more subtle. Honestly could go either way. Just looking for a good reason to finally make my mind up.

swampdog

Just a little thread revival..

To the guys that have either options, what are the honest pro's and cons? I have the bumper on now and its just bare, so I am trying to decide on what is best. I am getting tired of it being completely bare. I really dig the look of the stinger, but the PJ bull bar is way more subtle. Honestly could go either way. Just looking for a good reason to finally make my mind up.

To me, it simply came down the the length that the stinger added and my location. I live in Charlotte, park in a deck for work, and occasionally parallel park. That added length would have made me stick out farther and have a harder time paralleling. Also, my next house WILL have a garage and that stinger takes up extra storage room. I also like that I have never seen anyone else in person run the PJ and 1/4 pounder combo, so it makes my rig a little more unique. I have seen a ton of 1/4 pounder and stinger combos on the trails.

Will the stinger help in a forward rollover, absolutely. Do I ever see myself being on a trail where a forward endover is a strong possibility, doubtful.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469291235.804087.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469291261.517715.jpg

TennJK

To me, it simply came down the the length that the stinger added and my location. I live in Charlotte, park in a deck for work, and occasionally parallel park. That added length would have made me stick out farther and have a harder time paralleling. Also, my next house WILL have a garage and that stinger takes up extra storage room. I also like that I have never seen anyone else in person run the PJ and 1/4 pounder combo, so it makes my rig a little more unique. I have seen a ton of 1/4 pounder and stinger combos on the trails.

Will the stinger help in a forward rollover, absolutely. Do I ever see myself being on a trail where a forward endover is a strong possibility, doubtful.

Thanks Brian. Your jeep was the reason I was leaning more towards the bull bar. It looks killer on your rig and ours are extremely similar. I believe that one post just made up my mind lol. :thumb:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Top Bottom