Ordered the Dynatrac Serious performance PR44/60 axle set - few questions ?

Jackal01

Does anyone know if dynatrac offers financing through them I'm not really wanting to go through 4 wheel parts as I had a couple bad experiences with them, thanks
Lol I am guessing no and if they did have in-house banking I'm betting many, many more rigs would have prorocks even if the interest was 50%. Something like that would be advertised. Trail Jeeps does, IIRC.

WJCO

Meme King
Does anyone know if dynatrac offers financing through them I'm not really wanting to go through 4 wheel parts as I had a couple bad experiences with them, thanks

Yes. You make 2 payments at a 0% interest rate. 1st payment is due when you order it. 2nd payment is due before they ship it to you.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Yes. You make 2 payments at a 0% interest rate. 1st payment is due when you order it. 2nd payment is due before they ship it to you.

Lol! That's almost as funny as Highwaytrout's, "prerape," comment. :cheesy:

Benito

Caught the Bug
The 44/60 combo is bulletproof... Your set it will be a straight up overkill bomb shelter for 37's :thumb:

I don't know, unless there is a stronger unit bearing for the 44 I would agree with you 100%, but it seemed like I was eating unit bearings too often (maybe 15k miles) running ATX slabs and 37" nittos. If Dynatrac offered a beefier unit bearing or if we could get our hands on the unit bearing that is shipped with the J8 Dana 44 which has 5x5.5 wheel pattern and maybe bigger we would be set. But after my last unit bearing completely failed I was motivated to get the 60/60 and stick with 37s

tgoss

I don't know, unless there is a stronger unit bearing for the 44 I would agree with you 100%, but it seemed like I was eating unit bearings too often (maybe 15k miles) running ATX slabs and 37" nittos. If Dynatrac offered a beefier unit bearing or if we could get our hands on the unit bearing that is shipped with the J8 Dana 44 which has 5x5.5 wheel pattern and maybe bigger we would be set. But after my last unit bearing completely failed I was motivated to get the 60/60 and stick with 37s

I will absolutely agree with you on the unit bearings. I did mine once a year as routine maintenance so no argument there.

Journeyman

My flipped drag link worked out just fine. Loosened a bolt rotated the tie rod end and rotated it 180 degrees. Maybe it's the steer smart reverse taper won't work out, I'm not familiar with it.
I'll agree on the unit bearings. One of the reasons I did not go to a pr44. I love having manual locking hubs again!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I'm stuck since I already have the Prorock 44. I have an e-mail in to Dynatrac about their hybrid 60 outers and then there's the spintech ones if necessary. At least my rear chromoly axles are the dual bolt pattern already. Just a matter of new lugs. So I might be able to get the front done when the unit bearings go out with new wheels and still do the rear 60 down the road.

tgoss

I'm stuck since I already have the Prorock 44. I have an e-mail in to Dynatrac about their hybrid 60 outers and then there's the spintech ones if necessary. At least my rear chromoly axles are the dual bolt pattern already. Just a matter of new lugs. So I might be able to get the front done when the unit bearings go out with new wheels and still do the rear 60 down the road.

The thing with the 60 outers is you will need D60 C's on your 44 to accommodate... Not an easy upgrade and would be worth you just getting a new axle assembly at that point I would think considering cost and down time.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
The thing with the 60 outers is you will need D60 C's on your 44 to accommodate... Not an easy upgrade and would be worth you just getting a new axle assembly at that point I would think considering cost and down time.

You are correct, Sir! Just got off the phone with Dynatrac and they confirmed what you said. They added the only real option is the Spintech kit, which he told me was a good setup if I really wanted free-spinning hubs. But he also said do the math, on 37's unit bearings last quite a while. I have about 18,000 miles in three years when it was a daily and the current original UB's are still plenty tight. Even if they went at 25k, that's four sets in 100k. Less than a thousand dollars. Now that my jeep is a weekend warrior and it'll take me ten years or more to see 100k. Realistically, I am probably good running what I have. For the rear I can get the TRAIL SERIES 60 with the stock bolt pattern. With luck, maybe someone will come out with a stronger unit bearing that we can upgrade to in the front.

Last edited:

zimm

Caught the Bug
I love having manual locking hubs again!

I love manual hubs too, but that comment made me think of one my wheeling buddies with a D60/80 combo. We hit up Chaos Off-road park during a week of rain. The "parking lot" was 8" of mud/clay soup. So in order to park to register, he had to jump out to lock the hubs because nobody was moving in 2wd and being a west coaster, didn't have a set of muck boots. (yes, matt, I'm making fun of you).

Journeyman

I love manual hubs too, but that comment made me think of one my wheeling buddies with a D60/80 combo. We hit up Chaos Off-road park during a week of rain. The "parking lot" was 8" of mud/clay soup. So in order to park to register, he had to jump out to lock the hubs because nobody was moving in 2wd and being a west coaster, didn't have a set of muck boots. (yes, matt, I'm making fun of you).

Just got to plan ahead and have the hubs locked in, be rollin like every other jk out there.
I hate mud!

Top Bottom