Orion

TrailHunter

Hooked
I would love one of those, but with my tire carrier, there is no room. The gate is already hard against the tire, and barely closes.

I will have to find a different option for a flat place.

Hmm.. like I always say, “no problems, just solutions”... I’m sure if you think outside the box, you could figure out a solution... like maybe a couple slim brackets that mount on the tailgate (clearing the tire), then a stow away 12x24 table that you can quickly pull out and clip onto the brackets once the tailgate is open.

black pearl

Hooked
I would love one of those, but with my tire carrier, there is no room. The gate is already hard against the tire, and barely closes.

I will have to find a different option for a flat place.

Hmm.. like I always say, “no problems, just solutions”... I’m sure if you think outside the box, you could figure out a solution... like maybe a couple slim brackets that mount on the tailgate (clearing the tire), then a stow away 12x24 table that you can quickly pull out and clip onto the brackets once the tailgate is open.

Mount it on the outside of the tailgate. Then you don't even have to open it! 🤷*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Mount it on the outside of the tailgate. Then you don't even have to open it! 🤷*♀️

I like the first idea. I may be able to work with that, since the tire only hits in the center. Room on each side for a fold down bracket.
The table part will fit somewhere.

Second idea, not so much. The back is pretty clean, I think I like it that way.

Attachments

• IMG_20180531_015011.jpg
    IMG_20180531_015011.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Screenshot_20180613-222641.jpg
    Screenshot_20180613-222641.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 130

black pearl

Hooked
I like the first idea. I may be able to work with that, since the tire only hits in the center. Room on each side for a fold down bracket.
The table part will fit somewhere.

Second idea, not so much. The back is pretty clean, I think I like it that way.

I didn't say it was a good idea, just a idea. [emoji23]

TrailHunter

Hooked
120 ATX Slab Bolts....

IMG_8213.jpg

Wire Wheeled to get the big stuff...

IMG_8226.jpg

Soaked in 6% Vinegar for 2 hours... bubbles means it cleaning.

IMG_8228.jpg

Rinsed, dried, soaked in Naval Jelly Rust remover for 15 min.... Rinsed again.. result is a Dark Grey, Rust Free... Patina Finish.

IMG_8232.jpg

Should look cool... Next is to bring the Slab Rings back to life....

JKbrick

120 ATX Slab Bolts....

View attachment 303802

Wire Wheeled to get the big stuff...

View attachment 303803

Soaked in 6% Vinegar for 2 hours... bubbles means it cleaning.

View attachment 303804

Rinsed, dried, soaked in Naval Jelly Rust remover for 15 min.... Rinsed again.. result is a Dark Grey, Rust Free... Patina Finish.

View attachment 303805

Should look cool... Next is to bring the Slab Rings back to life....

I refurbished used slabs too, not a ton of work but worth it

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Hard to tell in the Pic but these slabs are pretty tore up... (this was a nicer one) I used 60 then 150 grit on a palm sander... and a metal file to knock down all raised and sharp edges.... then wet sanded with 220, 1200 and polished.... 1 down 4 to go.

Before
IMG_8233.jpg

After
IMG_8235.jpg

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Orion is a little over a Year old now and we revisited his first trail... While at our family trip to Bass Lake.. the wife and I took a relaxing ride through the mountains at 6:00am this morning... We were back on the Lake by 9:30. By no means a hard trail, but some great scenery.

IMG_8459.jpg

Stopped to make some Coffee and check out the Lake View.

IMG_8455.jpg

IMG_8453.jpg

Found these Gems among some rustic cabins.

IMG_8469.jpg

IMG_4546.jpg

There are some large rock formations to play on.

IMG_8479.jpg

IMG_4579.jpg

IMG_8474.jpg

Along the 20 mile trail there are awesome little creeks & meadows..

IMG_8498.jpg

IMG_8495.jpg

There are miles of off shoots and other Trails in the area... but time was limited... Can’t wait to do more exploring there.

Top Bottom