Our adventure through Utah

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Spectacular photos! I really enjoyed your trip report. I hope to make it out there someday.

black pearl

Hooked

black pearl

Hooked
Day seven:
Today has mostly been a boring long road day. IMG_3872.jpg We did though swing by the salt flats. IMG_3867.jpg IMG_3865.jpg when we got there they were just loading up a brand new chevy truck into a transport. IMG_3869.jpg another thing I found today. I don't drive the jeep above 70 often. Being on stretches of 6 and I80 with speed limit at 80. I think my jeep gets nervous up at those speeds, it gets all shaky and wondery and acts like a giant kite... [emoji15] IMG_3863.jpg IMG_3860.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, 80 is really pushing it. Especially with that growth on the roof. Even without that you’re running with a coefficient of drag similar to a flat plate in a wind tunnel. All kinds of turbulence trying to throw you around. Mine is much happier at 65 and the mpg goes way up.
So are you headed home?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
Yeah, 80 is really pushing it. Especially with that growth on the roof. Even without that you’re running with a coefficient of drag similar to a flat plate in a wind tunnel. All kinds of turbulence trying to throw you around. Mine is much happier at 65 and the mpg goes way up.
So are you headed home?

Oh yeah I could tell that bag was up there! It got interesting on some of the windy sections. The jeep is much happier around 60-65 and yeah mileage went in the crapper at 80. [emoji23]
Yeah we're headed home, staying in Nevada tonight and home tomorrow. We really didn't want it to end.

black pearl

Hooked
What an awesome trip[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] love the pictures

Amazing! A trip you will always remember! Have a safe trip back home.

Wow!! Looks like that was an awesome trip.

Thanks!!
It was truly an epic adventure for our little family. We have all ready decided we are going back to explore more of that area!
We are back home now, not wanting to get ready to go to work in the morning.

Top Bottom