Our solo trip to buck island.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Great pics, thanks for sharing! Looks like a really fun time for the whole family.
Somehow that squashed exhaust pipe just strikes me as funny. Can't explain why that made me laugh.

black pearl

Hooked
Man now that's a fun family trip! Glad yall had fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Thank you [emoji4]

Its so pretty up there. The Toyota guys would have pissed me off. You honestly don't realize how tiring it gets driving until you stop. The kayaks looked like a great idea. We got some two person float tubes that may have to find their way into the Jeep on trips like that.
We expect it from the yota guys now. It's happened most of the times we've been there. It definitely takes a lot of concentration keeping track of the rocks, my belly cam made it a little easier not having a spotter. Having a way to float around on the secluded lakes, is definitely worth packing!

Great pics, thanks for sharing! Looks like a really fun time for the whole family.
Somehow that squashed exhaust pipe just strikes me as funny. Can't explain why that made me laugh.
It was making us laugh also! By the end of the trip, every time we hit the passenger side of the bumper we'd say "bad tail pipe " [emoji23]
You can even count the times it got hit [emoji23]🤷*♀️ IMG_2869.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
Great pics! Looks like it was a great trip. I think exploring the lakes would make for an amazing time.
Thank you [emoji4]. I think having the kayaks made the trip that much more memorable.

Cool trip, thanks for sharing. What dates are you heading back?

We'll be up the 17-19. On the 18th it's the second annual stakes and stories at the beer tree. Camping by loon Friday the going in for the event. Going into Ellis creek for Saturday night then coming out Sunday morning.

Brute

Hooked
Looks like you and the family had a great time...you should have brought your rod though...both Buck Island Lake and the lake by Little Sluice have trout in them. We are running it in 3 weeks, you should come with us...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just got a chance to catch up on this - looks like a ton of fun. Nice that you were able to take your kayaks with you :thumb:

black pearl

Hooked
Looks like you and the family had a great time...you should have brought your rod though...both Buck Island Lake and the lake by Little Sluice have trout in them. We are running it in 3 weeks, you should come with us...
I always have my fly rod and bass pole in the jeep. I should have taken out on the kayak with me.
I'll be up there the 17-19 next month, not sure I could swing two consecutive trips.

Just got a chance to catch up on this - looks like a ton of fun. Nice that you were able to take your kayaks with you :thumb:
It was a great trip, always a ton of fun on the rubicon! The kayaks we're a compromise. I wanted to wheel and the wife wanted lake time. So it was a win win.

Top Bottom